The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Friendly Safety reminder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon2gbuyer

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2009
Aston, Pennsylvania
Just a friendly reminder here for all of us gear-heads out there. I bought my DD about a month and a half ago, and had been hearing some grinding in the rear brakes, so i decided to do them today. This is what I came across on my passenger rear brakes. OMG

So this is just a friendly reminder for all of us to be safe, this could have EASILY killed me, someone I love, or a random driver because of a shop that sold this vehicle to me with brakes in this type of shape. ALWAYS Check work done by others! I am taking responsibility for this, but just imagine what could have happened if the rotor separated while at high speeds and launched a brake pad. In the first picture you can see it already sliding around on the rotor, hence why its out of the bracket.

So to wrap it up, just be safe and when in doubt, check it out!

Attachments

• IMAG0408.jpg
    IMAG0408.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0409.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0410.jpg
    IMAG0410.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 46
yea, ive personally NEVER seen a rotor separate from the hub, or a brake pad slide around on the rotor with the bracket there. I ended up having to replace the caliper too since it was fully extended and seized that way. Just be safe guys, i know we all take our cars for granted (except maybe us DSM owners.. who wish to drive them into a wall on a daily basis LOL) but just remember how easy it is for something to go really wrong.

I ended up having to replace the caliper too since it was fully extended and seized that way.

A month and a half of DDing with a sticky piston can quickly do that. I killed a rotor and a set of pads in less than 1000 miles before I realized I had a caliper problem.

when in doubt pull out. that's my safety tip for the day

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back