The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Friend Missed A Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadepro22

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Seneca, South_Carolina
I know its my fault for letting him drive, but he went from 3rd to 2nd and now my car randomly cuts off. I did a compression test today and the results are:165(1),122.5(2), 126.5(3), 142.5(4). I did one back on may 5 and the results were: 170(1), 130(2), 165(3), 155(4). So the compression is definitely down. Could that miss cause this or should I look somewhere else? I don't have a leak down tester but Ill probably look into getting one. I plan on doing another motor and will be asking questions in this thread on opinions but I want to get answers on the compression first before I start asking opinions on rebuild options.

i dont really know it wouldnt hurt to check else where have you checked for boost leaks a big spike of boost from downshifting at a high rev could have blown one of your couplers off

but you deff need to adress your poor compression with a leak down test

he might of created a serious boost leak somewhere, have you done a BLT?

I feel like an ass to my friends sometimes when they want to drive my car. When it comes down to it, I can't let anyone drive my baby haha.

Even if your friend races almost every weekend :D
Sorry to hear your car is messed up now.
The leak down test will give you more insite, but doesn't sound good at this point.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back