The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Friend Bought a GS-T but look what's under the hood!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoBAHN

Probationary Member
Jul 15, 2004
Leduc, AB_Canada
So my friend goes on how hes getting a good deal on a 98 Gs-t for $6900 with 55k miles. He doesn't know anything about dsm's. He took it home today and called me over. We popped the hood and bang. A 420a with a Hahn Stg2 turbo. Its got the GS-T badge too! WTF!

We took it apart to see how everything was done, looks good and runs mighty well :laugh:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The brown spot under the hood could be dust that collected under the hood heat shield that's no longer there :rolleyes:

By the way, your friend defidently got owned

He just took it back today, I checked the carfax for him, it says the milage is accurate but he doesnt want to take any chances after reading all the posts :p

why is 55k miles so unbelievable... my 94 talon was 73k miles? this is a 98 eclipse, i see them ALL the f*ing time for 40-60k miles... what is so unbeliavle about 55,000 miles on a 1998 year car...

JessesTalon said:
why is 55k miles so unbelievable... my 94 talon was 73k miles? this is a 98 eclipse, i see them ALL the f*ing time for 40-60k miles... what is so unbeliavle about 55,000 miles on a 1998 year car...

umm its the way the car looks in relationship to the miles.. calm down, Its not "unbeliavle" that it has that miles, its unbelievable that it has that many miles and looks that crappy. Its the miles to vehicle deterioration ratio.

JessesTalon said:

Its becasue the seller is a fraud. If he would have been honest about it there would only be a slight issue. He lied and the car IS on horrible shape, that is why it is hard to believe.

Common sense people.

HRC kit or not, its still an rs that he paid gst money for. Taking it back and getting a refund is the best thing for him to do. Even with 55k miles on it, by the looks of the front end, it was hard miles. I wish your friend luck and if the seller doesnt want to cooperate, visit an attorney and sue for the price of the car, attorney fees, and court costs.

So he bought the car without popping the hood? If you can't tell the difference between a 4g63 and a 420ka or whatever.. .. TAKE IT BACK!!!!

Just take what the moderator said to heart that sums it all up.

If that doesn't work have your friend read this thread.

I personally think he's an ass for doing something like this.

I also personally think that cars been ragged to hell, and wont last long. Turbo 420a or not it's not a gs-t, the resale value wont be that of a gs-t, the modding potential wont be that of a gs-t etc etc etc.

It's dumb to keep it.

and for $6500 what in the world?

I'm calling BS on this right now,
that car belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Kansas. Furthermore that picture was taken the day of his FMIC install at another friends house. I have ridden in the car and it happens to be the 2-3 fastest 420 in the country. it ran a12.67 at 111 mph several months ago.

proof...
http://www.haiokuracing.com/andromeda2k3/forum2/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=21&Page=2

thats our clubs site. and that link is to the gallery.

wow. No crap! that is the car in the picture..the moderators should ban the guy who posted this then...he wasted our time..completely. Why would someone make up that story? I dont understand people.

Thomas91169 said:
i like the 300zx thats next to the eclipse, is it tt or n/a?

TT, and a pain to install a boost controller in, without dropping the motor. I got stuck with the job of putting silicone lines on the turbos from underneath the car.

Hi,

The car in the picture is indeed my car. The car has not been sold to anyone. I do not understand why someone would use the picture of my car in reference to somethign else. I do not appreciate this, nor do I appreciate the insults considering the condition of my vehicle. My car has not been ragged to death as some may say, and yes, i ran a 12.6 @ 111 four months ago. The car is too low and the front fascia is scratched. That has nothing to do with the condition of the motor, interior, or any other working parts of the car. That issue has been addressed and i'm taking care of it properly.

Do NOT advance insults on a topic of which you know nothing. Have a nice day.

The picture was taken as I was test-fitting the intercooler.

It has needed replaced, and still does. The engine bay is no longer dirty. These pictures were taken over a year ago.

when I opened the thread and saw the pic I honest to god said outloud... "It's Jon's car!?" I checked our galleries to make sure and low and behold...

what is the point of makin some shit like that up? how bored or how little of a life do you have to have to pull that? all I know is that the car runs like a raped ape. And I have had a couple super neato keen rides in it. $6500 would be a swell deal if m'man wanted to sell it. Next thing you know some asshat on a dodge forum will be claiming your truck Jon. don't sweat it man your car rules. (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back