The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

French guy with DSM need US help :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heryst78

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2017
Paris, Europe
Hello everyone,
My name is Kévin, I am 23 years old and I am from France, near Paris.
I do not know if my request is in the right category of the forum, and if it is not the case I'm sorry, my English is not perfect ^^

I have therefore for 6 months a eclipse GS of 1996 that comes to the base of Belgium.
I restored it completely and it will soon come out of painting.

All the trains have been redone, the bodywork is new, the interior is restored, as well as the engine to which I have re-made the cylinder head gasket and expansion of the valve ducts with replacement of all the joints!

Now that the car is almost finished, I would like to start the engine performance part.
I do not want to ride turbo on the eclipse, simply because I prefer atmospheric engines.

I would like to make a change that I used to make on the Peugeot 206.
This is the replacement of the entire admission.

I would like to replace the injectors with 2.4 Spyder injectors, and install a large intake manifold like JM Performance, with an inlet valve in 80mm to replace the original one in 55mm.
Do you know if this change is widespread?
And what gain can it bring?

Thank you very much, thank you very much the United States :D

See you :) :)

I imagine install a piece like this one, do you know if it's a great parts? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Inta...2718331595.html?spm=2114.44010708.4.45.3AFv2m

Thanks again :DD

Salut, et bienvenue au club DSMTuners!

However, I will use English as most people around here speak it. It appears you have the European 2G, equipped with the N/A 4G63 (150 hp, 10:1 compression pistons).

Unfortunately, and this has been covered many times, it is always much harder and more expensive to make more power on naturally aspirated engines than turbocharged ones (at least in the case of DSMs). However, if you really want to do this and have the money, you could start with increasing the compression (so maybe put 11 or 12:1 comp pistons, along with forged rods). I am pretty sure the N/A ones have oil squirters, as I've seen it on a 6 bolt. Or you could put a crankshaft (100mm main bearings) from a 2.4 4G64, and you will make a 2.3L stroker. Much more torque and increased power, still N/A :).

The options are many, it's up to you wanting to spend all the effort and money to make it work. In the long term it would almost always be cheaper to get a turbocharged DSM. Good luck!

Hi and thank you for your answers !!

Yes it is, I own a 4G63 2.0 150, a European engine: p

In fact, the goal of my approach comes from what I already achieved on a Peugeot 206 all stupid.
I had a petrol engine 2.0 138hp, and to improve the performance, we put intake manifolds of 206 RC (2.0 177hp) on this engine.
With the intake manifold, and the injectors a little bigger on the 206 RC, we get a gain of about 138 @ 170hp.

So my reflection comes from there, I know that there are "large volume" intake manifolds for the 4G63, with throttle valve in diameter 80mm.
I have already consulted my engineer, he thinks that by placing a bigger intake manifold, with a larger thottle valve, and bigger injectors (to do the same as the 206 S16), one can hope Big gain.

Have you ever seen 4G63 athmospheric D / A mounted with large intake manifolds?

For information, my eclipse is already equipped with a stainless steel manifold 4-2-1, an inlet Apex'i, a line in 63mm, and a cylinder head preparation with the widening of the ducts.

Thank you for the idea to change the crankshaft, I note and at the pinch I would think!

Thanks again :)

PS: Sorry if my English is not perfect, I use Google Translate ahah!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back