The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Freeze Plug - whoops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbi

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 15, 2004
Muskegon, Michigan
so i knocked a freeze plug inside the block, is there any feasable way of getting it out of the block? Its just a bare block, i shook the block around a bit and it didnt seem to fall out.

Any tips?

thanks

You might try spraying water in the hole at a high pressure and running something in there to try and wiggle it free.

I would take out all of the frost plugs in close proximity and see if you can get at it through one of those holes.

Just a tip, dont hit the plugs in the middle.

thanks i will try that, i hit it on the bottom and the whole thing just went inside the block somehow =(

but i will post my results sometime later tonight

Needle-nose ViseGrips. The core plugs will deform and tear once you're pissed enough. Use some coat hanger wire and a parts retrieving magnet to fish it up to where you can get a hold on the edge of it. Careful with the prying, the iron can break, too.

thanks guys i got them out after smashing fingers many a times.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back