The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Freekn thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seattleshawn

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
Edmonds, Washington
So freekn pissed!!! I ordered my DSM link last week and it was suppose to be delivered today. My girlfriend seen the UPS driver coming in to our town home complex as she was leaving. She came back 5 min later and nothing. I checked the tracking # and it says left at door. How the %$#@ does someone steal something so fast. I called UPS and she said that it was insured but thats not the point. I hope some how the SOB that stole it gets caught. Im freekn pissed beyond words!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Work on your grammar and spelling.

I too would be pretty mad but if it's insured, get a new one and you're set.

Could of been some punks around in the neighborhood who saw him drop it off and snatched it up really quick. Sorry for your loss though.

One of my neighbors has what appears to be a video camera in one of their windows. I'm going to go over and talk to them when they get home from work. I would normally be worried about cameras in windows except for the fact that this couple is near retirement so I doubt they are watching for cops coming in to raid the place. I live right by a high school and it was delivered at 2:07, right as schools lets out so maybe some kid snagged it. Just strange, I live in a nice area and all these town homes are owned, not rented. Its not like people are moving in and out all the time. I have never had an issues with anything else that was delivered here. I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts for my car and nothing has shown up missing till now.

An old guy has a camera pointed out of his window, next to a school...Is it just me or that is a whole nother issue?

But ya i would see if he has any action in front of your place when your package got stolen..

I'm 99% sure ecmtuning only does a sign on delivery request with their full package order. . .

I would have thought that too because I ordered the boost control solenoid and GM MAF wire with it so it was a $600 + order. Apparently not, I sent ECM an email and Ill see what the deal is. Maybe UPS messed up and just left it when it should have been signed for.

An old guy has a camera pointed out of his window, next to a school...Is it just me or that is a whole nother issue?

But ya i would see if he has any action in front of your place when your package got stolen..

LOL it don't point toward the school, it looks down in the parking lot

That's f#$% funny.

OP: I think UPS messed up and the tracking info is wrong. I worked for Fedex for just under a year, so I know there are screw ups made by the drivers.

Maybe he/she scanned it with the intention of delivering it, but kept it on the truck by accident. Check the tracking info later this evening because the driver will find it when they get back and the terminal will update the tracking info.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. All hope is not lost! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
That's what I'm hoping too. There are only 12 town homes here and most of the people are professionals, not the type of people that you would think of as the thieving type. No teenagers live here either so thats why this just seems so strange. My unit is a long way off the road so its not like someone walking by would see it and just grab it, they would have to actually walk down here to get it. Keeping my fingers crossed!

That sucks. I had over $2,000 dollars worth of computer parts (and about the same in home audio) delivered to my apartment building, 4 people per door (all druggies) and no one stole it. I even had a neighbor sign for a package and give it to me once when I didn't know it came. But then my dad who lives 5 miles outside of the small town I live in got a case of beer stolen from his steps no more then 15 minutes after it was dropped off as a gift. =/

Here's a wierd one for you; I ordered a pair of custom racing seats which was brought in by UPS. I had been watching the tracking so I knew they were coming this day and spent all day downstairs so I would hear them knock. Well it's 9:45pm and no damn seats, so what do I do, checking the tracking and it says they were dropped off, at 2:15pm! What the hell? Check the front door..umm, big ass box sitting there? So the guy drops the box and doesn't brother knocking, awesome, now where is the other seat? So I sit around, gawking at the awesomeness that is this seat when something eats at me and says "Check the back door". Sure as shit, this idiot left one seat at the front door and one at the back for over six hours and never knocked at either...

Don't Fret - UPS Lost my Link Package for a week. The Tracking said it had been delivered and Signed. UPS Found it in their warehouse in Virginia.

SpoOoOoky.

I have always had problems with ups. Even when it needs to be signed for they would drop it off and not ring or knock. I have had things get stolen when we lived in our town house before we bought a house now I have not had any problems with stuff going missing.

FEDEX likes to do this too. I was working on my car one morning when I was still living at my parents place. I knew my mom was expecting a package so I was keeping an eye out for the driver. Well, anyway, I saw him come down the street, and by the time I got out from under the car and wiped my hands off, he was pulling away. I pulled the package in, looked at the sticker, and it said "signed". I was the only one home. No neighbors, just me, and I sure as hell didn't sign it. Dumb.

My buddy had something happen the same way...since UPS hasnt gotten somebody to sign for it, they covered what the package was worth, about 4500 bucks worth of Lotus Exige stand alone parts...

6 months later he showed me how he had gotten the package, saw that it needed a signature, and scammed em for the cash. Shady, but UPS isnt hard to make cover for their 'mistakes'

I'm 99% sure ecmtuning only does a sign on delivery request with their full package order. . .

I ordered full v3 and a eeprom ecu to go with it, ups guy left it on the front porch no signature needed.

Picked it up 4 hours later when i got home.

Maybe your wife is hiding it from you because she doesn't want you working on that "stupid car" anymore LOL..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back