The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

free mods????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leathal-eclipse

Probationary Member
Aug 31, 2002
middletownoh
im new at this but this is my problem. i've done all the free mods air can,bcv,mas and added a k&n filter. now my 91 gsx runs worse, i was getting around 10psi now only 6psi. it bucks under hard ece. and check engine light comes on and always tring to die. PLEASE HELP.

hey dude im a moron and i want to do the hack air can and the bcs mod can you break those down in retard terms for me so i can perform them PLEASE!

Are you using the stock boost gauge or an aftermarket to determine boost? If it is the stock gauge, it may have an intake leak after the MAS, but before the turbo.

AWDriven.

If you messed up even ONE of the honeycombs in the MAS it can make the car run like sheit. Also, if you removed the silencer it WILL make the turbo louder, but I don't believe it does all that much for boost. You need to make sure you don't have a boost leak of some sort like the guy above this post mentioned. I cleaned my intake and didn't put everything back together correctly. Car ran horribly until I found the boost leak with a home-made device. Also, like the guy above this also mentioned; stock boost guages are damn near worthless once you mod the car, so you will need an aftermarket if you don't currently have one. Not exactly cheap, but definitely worth the money.

thanks for all your help dsmers but i got in the car this morning and it is running fine and yes i have a stock boost gauge buying a auto meter soon. you say the stock is junk but it is 14 pounds now :D

I guarantee you it's not 14 lbs. The stock one is a piece of crap. If you were going by your stock boost gauge this whole time there probably wasn't anything wrong with your car to begin with. The stock boost gauge is always so far off, it's not even funny.

Ditto!! My stock gauge reads 14 lbs too, but in actuality it's about 10 lbs. Besides, unless you've got a boost controller I'm pretty sure you can't run 14 lbs. on a stock 14b.

ok do you have any idea the of how much i am running nothin dead on just an estament and the car it was runnin like hell last night but today its fine i dont know how to explane it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back