The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Free ipod/flatscreen/Desktop PC offers... please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
ok i searched and saw mods locked a couple posts of these not knowing if they were spam or legit but i can definately tell you they are for real and not scams. this is a copy of a post someone made on another board i frequent, it explains everything and has reputable websites with info to back it up, i suggest we start a congo line and we could knock out a bunch of referrals on here, whatever you do dont sign up without using someones referral its a waste. anyway here is the post

quote"So you’ve joined up for the Flatscreen or iPod offer, now how are you going to get your referrals? Well, despite what many people think, its really not that tricky. As long as you put in some effort and stay dedicated to the goal of getting something free, it can be done

The following information is what I compiled and used to find 6 of my 8 referrals, from completely random strangers. If I could do it, so can you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Most Important Thing is to Be Knowledgeable

Lets face it, when somebody hears about a free TV or iPod, they’re going to think you’re trying to scam them. At least 90% of the people you encounter will call you a spammer without listening to a word you say. But it’s the 10% of people that you want, and it was those who signed up for me.

So how do you get those people? Its simple, be knowledgeable. You have to describe the offer honestly, correctly, using proper English, and with plenty of support. This leads to the next point…

Supporting the Offer

Explain the offer to the people you talk to. You’re going to have to prove to them that it is legitimate, and you can do that by utilizing other websites.

1st: Wired.com: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

What I would say when sending them the link:
Wired.com is a major Tech/Geek news website, owned by Lycos, a former competitor of AOL. A week ago, they reported on the company and the free offer, but more importantly described how it works and how it is legitimate.

2nd: GearLive.com: http://gearlive.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

What I would say when sending them the link:
If you’d like to read the success stories of people who have successfully received their flatscreen TVs or iPods, check out the GearLive.com forums. The entire forum, composed of hundreds of users, are participating in this offer. Many of them have already received their flatscreens and iPods, and you can view the pictures at the website.

3rd: CNN

The CNN article has no link unfortunately, but the iPod offer was recently profiled(probably a short blurb) on the television network. But what you emphasize is that CNN reported on it, thus helping to establish its legitimacy.

4th: enGadget.com: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1771223899144212/

enGadget.com is another big Tech/Geek news website. They were one of the first “mainstream” news sources in the Tech/Geek world to report on this offer. Needless to say, it exploded after they talked about it.

I have the Support, Now What?

You have the supporting facts, what should you do now? Start asking people!

Always start with your real life friends. Talk to people who trust you and ask them to do this. Even if they don’t want something free, ask if they will help you. Beg and explain your case, because this may get you a quick referral.

But most importantly, post about the offer on Newsgroups and other Forums that you participate on. If you’re active on another website, start there. And again, explain the offer in depth and provide lots of evidence. No one wants to give out their credit card information to a site that’s proclaiming something “free,” its scary at first. But the reasonable people will read what you post, and it will those people who are most likely to use your referral link.

Now posting on random message boards would probably get you a referral or two, but I don’t know if I’d recommend it. Gratis does have that abuse e-mail set up, and they really discourage mass posting. You don’t want to get reported by someone and not be able to complete the offer. But if you are going to do this, just follow all my other advice. Be clear, thorough, provide lots of evidence, and don’t beg for a referral.

Provide the main URL(freeflatscreens.com) near the bottom of your post. But in the VERY LAST PARAGRAPH of your post, ask that if anyone is interested, you would greatly appreciate it if they used your link. And of course, wish them luck on earning their item. By leaving your referral link until the end, you have provided all the information before you have to ask a favor of a stranger.

You may still get some flak for this in general, so I’d suggest you not use your primary e-mail when registering. And again, do this at your own risk. It might help you, it might hurt you. It’s up to you.

For the people who say, “Nothing in Life is Free” & “There is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch”

You’ll get this a lot. Refer them to this website: http://www.fatwallet.com/c/22/

Its FatWallet.com’s forum of daily freebies. I got a lot of people saying nothing is free, so I always told them they were wrong, you just don’t know where to look, and shot back with that. Trust me, once you start getting this, it will feel good to prove them wrong

No Luck with Message Boards or Newsgroups?

Try chatrooms. Don’t flood the room with you’re link though, that’s pointless. Simply go to a chatroom(Yahoo Chats for instance) and send the message, “Is anyone interested in a free Flatscreen TV/iPod? If you are, send me an IM for more details”

If someone responds, talk to them and explain the offer. If no one responds after 20 seconds, quietly leave the room. There is no point in flooding a room that doesn’t want to listen to you.

This method can be time consuming, but it does work. I was able to get a referral this way, and I know people on the GearLive website were able to get referrals this way.

Final Rule

Be Polite!! Don’t get into arguments on message boards if people are calling you a spammer/con-artist/etc. Just kindly ask if they had read the links, provide a quick summary of each, say again that it is legitimate, and leave it at that. That way anyone following the thread will see your reply, but see that it’s a well thought out reply.

And if you talk to people in the Yahoo Chats(or elsewhere for the matter) at the end of each conversation, thank them for listening! Even if they say they are not interested, always thank them for listening. You did take up some of their time and they were kind enough to listen. Thanking them for that won’t do you any harm.

So if you’ve taken the time to read all of this, GOOD LUCK! Keep at it and you’ll get the needed referrals in no time.

"

if mods OK we can start a congo line, basicly i will lead the list, you guys sign up using my referral and you get put last on the list, once im complete, people will use your link to sign up, they will get added, etc. so everyone benefits.

my referral links:

Desktop PC (this one is phat!!) - http://www.FreeDesktopPC.com/default.aspx?referer=8345141

Flatscreen TV/Monitor - http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=8344835

note: the AOL offer is the best cause you can sign up and then cancel 2 weeks into it, the site recognized you did the offer and AOL charges nothing if u do it within 30 days, you cant use it for both sites so you may end up spending like 5-10 for shipping on some product, but hey its worth it

Sephroth57 said:
note: the AOL offer is the best cause you can sign up and then cancel 2 weeks into it, the site recognized you did the offer and AOL charges nothing if u do it within 30 days, you cant use it for both sites so you may end up spending like 5-10 for shipping on some product, but hey its worth it

HA...good luck trying to cancel with AOL. I've found that they have, officially, the most annoying/stubborn customer service people...EVER. I tried that AOL thing...I called them up & told them I wanted to cancel..but yea..trust me, canceling a trial offer with AOL is the most painstaking process...ever.

yeah but ask yourself, 10 min of your time for free computer, im ok with that. i personally know someone who has got their Ipod also

Sephroth57 said:
yeah but ask yourself, 10 min of your time for free computer, im ok with that. i personally know someone who has got their Ipod also

Oh no, it's not just 10 minutes of your time...more like a total of 3 hours from waiting & arguing with the people...3 hours that will haunt you for the rest of your life..! Fawk AOL. I'm never dealing with them again.

LOL its really not bad if youre not a wuss, you nicely say ok listen i dont want your sales speech i just want to cancel and thats it, and youre done :rolleyes: anyway youre offtopic, waitin for mod response =p

Sephroth57 said:
LOL its really not bad if youre not a wuss, you nicely say ok listen i dont want your sales speech i just want to cancel and thats it, and youre done :rolleyes: anyway youre offtopic, waitin for mod response =p

........I'm gonna blow up AOL's headquarters....come with me.

Hmm ok ok..a couple people on here have said that this particular deal really works..maybe I'll try it.

well yeah maybe if u base all your referrals off this board, but u talk to a couple close friends about it get them into it theres half ur people, get the other half online and youre good. theres even people paypaling 5$ if u use their referall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back