The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

fpr and fuel pump inst.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chehsgsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2007
monroe, New_Jersey
Iv bought a 225 pump, and just got my fpr so i don't over run the stock one. Here's my questions.

Question 1: Do i need bigger injector to run the bigger pump. Rite now im just trying to solve fuel cut at 15 pounds.
Question 2: what should the gauge read? what do i adjust the fpr to??

Sorry for the dumb questions but i worked on fords before and fuel is the last thing u play with in those cars (20 pounds on stock ignition and fuel system!!)

Thanks for the help every one have a very merry Christmas

No you can use stock injectors, mine runs about 43 psi it regulates the fuel because you have more fuel flow. It should run what the stock is for the 2g. At least mine does i run it at stock 1g pressure.

Rite now im just trying to solve fuel cut at 15 pounds.

Fuel cut is not fuel system related. (well, not directly) It is directly related to airflow at the MAS.

When the stock ECU sees a certain amount of airflow it cuts fuel to the inj. Supposedly it is a failsafe if the wastegate ever failed and you boosted enough to blow your engine on the stock fuel system.

However, it is annoying as hell when you actually have the fuel supply to keep up with the airflow demand but the ECU cuts it anyway.

You can get: DSMchip, DSMLink, SAFC (lies to the ECU about airflow), or hack the MAS (it counts less airflow). You will need a way to tune and a logger for any of the above (except Link), or you are stuck with fuel cut unless you lower the boost.

Further note: make sure that you set it to 43psi base fuel pressure with the vacuum line off, then put it on. Should read around 35psi with it on.

i do know about the dsmlink and a safc.. but fuel comes first then ecu. But i could use your guys help on what size injectors to buy after i get my safc. All i plane on doing is running 20 pounds max. (not on the stock turbo LOL) I have no clue about injector sizing at all.

thanks for the help

I just wanted you to realize that fuel cut is due to the ECU and not your actual fuel supply and you will still get fuel cut after you upgrade the fuel system.

650s max if you get an SAFC.

At least 950s if you get DSMLink.

yeah i know this, iv done alota research on it. But i know how limited these fuel systems are to begin with and just want to make sure i dont have a hole in my upgrade path. The reason i say to help with fuel cut is iv heard some people say if u run lean then that can cause a cut. so i wanted to make sure that i dont run lean.
Plus idk how the pump and filter in tank look and iv had issue with my stock fuel pressure regulator to.

Ok so the 650s should be ok to run 20 pounds?

Yes, the 650s should be enough. Make sure you have a logger and wideband.

yeah i know this, iv done alota research on it. But i know how limited these fuel systems are to begin with and just want to make sure i dont have a hole in my upgrade path. The reason i say to help with fuel cut is iv heard some people say if u run lean then that can cause a cut. so i wanted to make sure that i dont run lean.
Plus idk how the pump and filter in tank look and iv had issue with my stock fuel pressure regulator to.

Ok so the 650s should be ok to run 20 pounds?

Yeah, I was at about 80% duty cycle on 24-25 psi on my 18g on my 650s.

I prefer FIC since I believe there design allows for better fuel atomization. I ran a set of PTE 580s in the past and the car felt slightly less responsive with the same turbo & boost. Both were controlled with DSMLink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back