The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Fp68 hta, Sd, and E85

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1DSMr

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2014
Jasper, Indiana
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?
Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?
Yes
2). Verified mechanical timing?
Yes
3). Verified base timing?
Yes
4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil: Stock
Wire brand and Age: Ngk, over 1 year
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap: Ngk Bres 8

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1: 181
Cylinder 2: 178
Cylinder 3: 173
Cylinder 4: 179

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: yes
Throttle Cable: yes
TPS: yes, 0.63v
BISS: yes, ISC 30- 33 with fans off

7). Compression ratio
Stock 2g
8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
No
9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
Only MDP because running a gm omni 4 bar
10). Electrical system
Car off (not running): 11.7-12.4
Car running: 13-13.6

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 43.5 psi
Injector Size (cc/min): FIC High Z 1100cc

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: Innovate MTX-L
Calibration Date: One month ago

13). Type of fuel
Type: E85
Percent of Ethanol: GM flex fuel sensor shows 61% but that was switching back from gas.

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos? yes

Here's a 3rd pull from tonight. Target afrs 11.5 and 23-25psi. Working towards 11.8 afrs and 28 psi. Does anything seem out of order or any comments?

Attachments

• 3rd pull 9-8.elg
    14.9 KB · Views: 90
Your airflow seems low, On pump 93 I'm seeing 44-46lbs a min out of my 68hta. also your boost est and MAP are miles apart, The big jump and dip in horsepower/tq figures leads me to believe it was a bumpy road? Your timing also seems extremely conservative for an E85 setup.

I just noticed you said SD so I'm about useless in that department, I can't speak for how accurate it logs airflow then, so until someone more knowledgeable steps in take my comments on airflow/boost with a grain of salt.

Your airflow seems low, On pump 93 I'm seeing 44-46lbs a min out of my 68hta. also your boost est and MAP are miles apart, The big jump and dip in horsepower/tq figures leads me to believe it was a bumpy road? Your timing also seems extremely conservative for an E85 setup.

I just noticed you said SD so I'm about useless in that department, I can't speak for how accurate it logs airflow then, so until someone more knowledgeable steps in take my comments on airflow/boost with a grain of salt.

Yeah it is lowest airflow I've ever logged. I believe it is because the the wot sd table is low 90's and high 80's. As far as the boost est and omni bar matching I need to put the 466ft altitude back in. However, I go for actual afrs and est afrs vs boost est and map. Usually you get one or the other and not both unless you are really good, which I am not. Since it is my daily I prefer conservative timing on e85.

Tune looks good in my opinion just a bit conservative. I would change the a/f target to 11.9 or even 12.0 with e85. Take baby steps and add 1 to 2 degrees of timing. Throughout the high rpm. Also u have a trouble code.

Tune looks good in my opinion just a bit conservative. I would change the a/f target to 11.9 or even 12.0 with e85. Take baby steps and add 1 to 2 degrees of timing. Throughout the high rpm. Also u have a trouble code.
Thanks. Yeah the cel is for the MDP sensor, which I pointed out in the questions, it is because I have an Evo 3 intake with a gm omni 4 bar map. I'm going to 11.8 next at 28 psi. Your right about baby steps, even though it's more work on the sd table but it's worth it.

Here's another log from earlier. I raised the target afrs to 11.8. It also looks like the WOT throttle position dropped to 99% during the pull. I made a couple of adjustments from the log and will get another 3rd pull soon. However, the airflow numbers are still quite low.

Attachments

• 3rd gear pull 9-9.elg
    14.8 KB · Views: 60
What version of the 68HTA is this?

Your BoostEst is tracking quite a bit lower than what your MAP sensor is logging. As a result, you're probably seeing slightly deflated airflow numbers.

A helpful little tidbit from another Wiseman regarding BoostEst here:
It's not crucial that it boostest & MAP line up but it's important to realize that airflow numbers aren't 100% accurate if they don't. I had a discussion with Tom about this a few years ago, this was the equation that gets your airflow numbers close when your boostest & MAP don't line up. On a motor with stock cams and stock IM you take the reading boost readings ~ 5.5k - 6k.

100 (actual boost + 14.7) / (boostest + 14.7) - 100

Airflow x (% from above) = deviation from actual airflow

What version of the 68HTA is this?

Your BoostEst is tracking quite a bit lower than what your MAP sensor is logging. As a result, you're probably seeing slightly deflated airflow numbers.

A helpful little tidbit from another Wiseman regarding BoostEst here:

The 68hta is the newer version, so V2. I was looking at some older logs where the boostest and actual boost lined up better between 5-5500rpms and the airflow was at 40lbs at 25psi.

I didn't check you math, but sounds about right...Maybe a bit on the skinny side still, but close.

The 68hta is the newer version, so V2. I was looking at some older logs where the boostest and actual boost lined up better between 5-5500rpms and the airflow was at 40lbs at 25psi.
Did you ever find logs that match up where boostest and map lined up along with afrest actual afr? Have you tried to see what happens if you bump up those 80-90 values in your ve table? I'm just curious why you have them that low

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back