The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FP3065 Fuel Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonster

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2005
Carmel, Indiana
Well i decided to purchase the new FP3065, its a very nice turbo, but other than that just wondering what size injector i should run along with fuel pump, i currently have a walbro 190 figured i should go to 255 and buy some 800cc injectors or higher, my supporting mods will be 272/272s, DSMlink, 3.5" MAF with translator, fmic, full 3" tb exhaust, so on...just let me hear your opinion :dsm:

Thanks,

Tony

It seems that the common minimum set-up for the FP3065 is 950's and a Supra fuel pump. When I get a GT35R I hope to get buy with methanol injection, my 850's and Supra pump.

A buddy of mine had a 60-1 which is very similiar to a 3065 and he did 521whp and 11.1 @130 on a supra pump with 660cc injectors....only at that point was he starting to run out of fuel.

I have a FP3065 and also have 660cc injectors/Supra Fuel pump and according to the way I have to lean out my AFC I have loads of fuel on pump gas at 20 psi on the street. with similar supporting mods as yours.

you can get away with 650cc or maybe even use a little bigger 750cc's.... i have a T67 and im gonna be running 850cc's and around 35psi if i can... i might have to step up to 1000cc's though.

650cc+22psi pump gas... great power and good driveability for the street.

Ive seen the logs of a couple different people running 850's with injector duty cycles exceeding 100%.

With DSMLink at the stock fuel levels or only slightly leaned out I can hit 90% IDC or so on 950's and pump gas. 43 psi base fuel pressure.

Watch out for guys "getting away" with smaller injectors that are bumping up the base fuel pressure. This works, but then you run out of fuel pump sooner do to the higher pressure.

well i only plan on running around 18-20psi on the stock block, later when i get my block built ill look into some 950cc and supra fuel pump, for now i think im just going to run 750cc and a supra fuel pump, but would i need to change the base?

I have a FP3065 with 1000cc and Supra pump. First thing is if you're motor is built and you are taking it to 9K, you will start to run out of fuel over 7.5K @ 23-25 psi on pump.. But if your running race gas you should be able to get away with more. Now if you have a stock motor You can easily run 28-32 psi to 7.5 and be fine on pump. Then on race you should be able to take higher if you wish. OMG Just my experience on a stock motor and built motor with the FP3065 and supra pump. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back