The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Fp3052 vs 68hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EG Hatch

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hi everyone I have an opportunity to pick up a used fp3052 with tial mvs and o2 housing for 1000$. The turbo has about 6k miles and ran 28 psi without issue.

My question is should I jump on this deal or would I be better off picking up an internally gated 68hta while I can get one for only 650$ shipped. My understanding is that the 68hta will flow about 51lb/min vs the 52lb/min fp3052.

Is the upgrade to BB worth this difference in price for new vs used? Is there a noticable difference in spool or potential?

The goals are to have a streetable car with a focus on quick 1/4 mile times. I want to run deep 11's or break 10's while retaining a quick spool for street use. Maybe around 450whp.. possibly more. On e85 of course

Currently running a small 16g. I have ecmlink v3, fic 1150's, dks 272 cams, rewired walboro 255, aeromotive a1000 afpr, short route fmic (860 cubic inch core) with 2.5" piping fabbed by fp, homemade water methanol injection, nx nitrous kit, mls headgasket, fluidyne rad, act xtreme pp with 6 puck unsprung clutch, act streetlite flywheel, everything is stripped/gutted, kirkey aluminum seat, bbs lightweight wheels, etc. Not a daily driver

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
What are your goals?

What are you planning to use the car for?

What turbo configuration do you have now?

What are your current supporting modifications?

Between just the two turbos you are considering, I think you would get closer to your goals with the fp3052. Just keep in mind you are taking the risk buying a used turbo. I would think mileage has little to do with the condition of the turbo. 6,000 miles of street driving is different than 6,000 of track use. Maybe you could get more info from the seller as to how the turbo oil feed was set up.

He said that he ran it on the street only, but not as a dd. He ran a filter inline for the break in but then discarded it for fear of it becoming clogged and restricting oil flow to the turbo. Is this wise?

I would run a filter if I end up getting it unless there is some merit to his fear? I believe he supplied oil from the filter housing rather than the head as directed by fp. It is coming with fp feed and drain lines.

If at some point I need to rebuild it does the garret chra exchange apply to this turbo? Im afraid that since it modified by fp that they won't take it as a core. If I send it in can I just remove the fp housing and be okay?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back