The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does the FP3052 use the "Ballistic Concepts Ball Bearing CHRA from Garrett"? The FP website lists this centersection as the exception for getting oil from the oil filter housing. I'm sure that FP knows its stuff, I just can't find any info on why the FP3052 needs its oil feed from the head instead of the oil filter housing.

One more for you FP guys, what are the benefits of that divided compressor intake housing. Those four cutouts that DSMJim refers to.

That looks really sweet JDM. Hey what track is open till february? It can't be Budds creek, cause next week is the last week. By the way, did you go to the shootout yesterday?

No I didn't, I worked on the car most of the day. Capitol in croften is open until around February always has. ;)

Cool, that's what I thought. Maybe I'll run up there sometime......well, gotta get the car in one piece again first. :|

Originally posted by GSntncT
Cool, that's what I thought. Maybe I'll run up there sometime......well, gotta get the car in one piece again first. :|

My car is never in one piece, ill PM you when im going out there maybe we can meet up:p

Originally posted by jdmawd
My car is never in one piece, ill PM you when im going out there maybe we can meet up:p

Sounds good man. Hopefully my car will be in one piece soon. forty days without boost and counting. It hurts. :cry: :dsm:

sorry... might have missed this but.... SLEEPER DSM... what FP model turbo is that????

the 3065?

Thanks all
TIM

Originally posted by Groomz
I just can't find any info on why the FP3052 needs its oil feed from the head instead of the oil filter housing.

It's kind of hidden on the site.
http://www.forcedperformance.net/faq.aspx

One exception to this is the Ballistic Concepts Ball Bearing CHRA from Garrett. These turbochargers are totally different internally. Their operation is actually impeded by too much oil. It is fine to supply these turbos with oil from the head. In fact the oil line we offer comes from the head and features a .8mm orifice to restrict the oil flow to the turbo . These turbos require water cooling in the absence of the typical high volume of oil that would normally provide stable temperatures.

Yeah, spent some time surfing and found that a bit later. Thanks anyway! :D

Would the 3052 be a good turbo for a 2.4L hybrid or would it be a smarter choice to go with the 3065?

I know there both awesome turbos and the 65 is obviously bigger, but worth it on the 2.4L in a street car?

No problemo. :D

Might want to ask that one to FP directly...

All you're going to get here is opinion, I'll bet. These turbos are pretty new, I don't think anyone but FP could really compare them based on actual experience.

Originally posted by psychlow
No problemo. :D

Might want to ask that one to FP directly...

All you're going to get here is opinion, I'll bet. These turbos are pretty new, I don't think anyone but FP could really compare them based on actual experience.

Makes sense. This is just speculation, so I wouldn't want to waste FPs time. OMG

Awesome thread though, very informative. :thumb:

Originally posted by Sleepr DSM
I just want to second how well the turbo fit in the car, with about 1 mm clearance to the water pipe, and 1 or 2 mm between the external waste gate and the bolt that holds the power steering bracket on. The kit is a work of art.

Exactly also im sure most use or have used the same type of hacked up g@yness I used for an oil return line in the past. In addition to how well the 40MM tial clears the power steering pump bracket. take a look at how well the braided oil return line fits also. Now we just have to get her towed down to extreme to have the d/p cut and flanged, and its all done.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Cant wait to hear results. Give us a 10+ paragraph full of every detail regarding from your first startup, to first pull, to final reviews ;)

...To be on my desk no later than Friday at 8:00 AM. :thumb:

Originally posted by GSntncT
Sounds good man. Hopefully my car will be in one piece soon. forty days without boost and counting. It hurts. :cry: :dsm:

dude, my car has been down for 319 days now!!!!! it has like 4 more days and it will be outta the shop :D

i gave up and took it in :barf: ..... its a performance shop and they have been pushing out some NICE dsm's :thumb:

Springfield? Im down near St. Louis...What shop is it at? Where at? I've been looking for a good DSM shop around here.

Jake

Originally posted by red91tsiawd
dude, my car has been down for 319 days now!!!!!

Dude, I couldn't even begin to imagine......:cry:

Go on WRX websights and youll see pleanty of birds being sucked into the hoods scoop and being plastered on their top-mount IC's. In all reality, a bird wouldnt be able to fly under the car and into the turbo :rolleyes: I believe Ananda lists in his profile he purchased a 4" CAI from Dejon Tool.

Originally posted by Dieselboy
I believe Ananda lists in his profile he purchased a 4" CAI from Dejon Tool.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back