The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP3052 Pictures and impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmawd

Banned Member
Mar 20, 2002
GreenBelt, DC_Metro
First id like say dealing with forced performance is the most wonderful turbo purchasing experience I have ever had. I called them up, told them what I wanted and made payment. Brian told me when it would ship and it arrived a couple days after that.

With that said this turbo looks like a piece of art work. When I opened the box I got the feel of when my dad and I used to buy model trains when I was a kid. the turbo is simply beautiful. The FP turbine housing is the most beautiful car part I have even seen. id like to buy another one and just put it on display in our rec room on a little shelf like a trophy.

I simply cant wait for the 02 housing and dump tube to arrive so I can get started with the installation. I should have ordered it all at once. oh well shame on me. Shame on me for not buying from Forced performance from day one.

Id like to comment on the oil drain line. Because I have seen a few and actually made a few. This steel braided oil return is the best $50 I have ever spent and its huge high quality and very well made. Now on the pics, they even put my name on it;)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow, very impressive equipment. Keep everyone posted on how the install goes ect.....now all you have left is to break the drivtrain in two!:thumb:

What really impresses me is the return line, thats a nice piece.

I like the turbo, the inlet is a little strange with the four cut outs around the wheel which is only cosmetic. I doesn't look bad, just not what I'm used to. Nice package overall.

I would definately buy that product except I opted for a manifold mounted wastegate setup vs one off the turbo, not for any reason other than that's my preference. Plus I wanted a new manifold to port and ceramic coat. Not that I couldn't do that with the stock one, but again preference...

[EDIT] After looking at FP site your turbo looks like the 3065 not the 3053 based on their pictures...

Nice stuff man. Mine is going to have a 2.5" elbow welded on (even though they told me the outlet is 2").

Your outlet is 2" right?

Originally posted by 95GST
Nice stuff man. Mine is going to have a 2.5" elbow welded on (even though they told me the outlet is 2").

Your outlet is 2" right?

yeah the compressor outlet is 2"

DSMJIM:

dude the oil return is very well made.

Hey do you know what water lines will work with this turbo? I havn't figure it out yet. I was wondering if my 20G water lines will transfer over.

Hey do you know what water lines will work with this turbo? I havn't figure it out yet. I was wondering if my 20G water lines will transfer over.

no clue i plan to use -AN fittings.

oh yeah, by the way great looking turbo. if you can judge performance by looks you just may have bought the best turbo yet.

Originally posted by RACER-X
oh yeah, by the way great looking turbo. if you can judge performance by looks you just may have bought the best turbo yet.

It looks like the edge of the flange was just cleaned up a little. Not sure about porting but The throat area is HUGE.

Originally posted by RACER-X
hey jdm, did you have them port your exhaust housing?... the opening looks kinda odd shaped and HUGE.

Man they send these things out ready to rock and roll. The throat area visually looks a lot larger then the PTE housing on my other turbo. The throat is super straight smooth and huge, I wouldn't want to touch it.

Stock water lines fit with some minor bending.

The turbine housing is as cast, there is no need or desire for any porting. It will also take, and keep, a polish if you so desire being 310 stainless. Once polished and heat cycled it looks rilly cool, rainbow effect. However it WILL stain easily, so don't drop any oil or coolant on it hot.

So, is it the GT37 52trim? Sure as hell looks like it. Is that by any chance a theaded compressor wheel? The turbine looks like the same one on every other GT turbo, 84trim. Great looking turbo. Compressor housing is ugly as hell, but that turbine housing is beautiful!

BTW: Congrats Leo!! You are now a member of the bandwagon turbo buyers club. Enjoy. :laugh: ;)

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
So, is it the GT37 52trim? Sure as hell looks like it.

Didn't GrocMax already post that this turbo is not a GT3037 the first time you asked this question? What makes you think I would have any Info other Then what FP has already posted. I have never held a GT3037 in my hand for reference have you?

Compressor housing is ugly as hell

I love it.

BTW: Congrats Leo!! You are now a member of the bandwagon turbo buyers club

"Didn't GrocMax already post that this turbo is not a GT3037 the first time you asked this question? "

Not that turbo. The 3037s are plentiful. The GT37 52trim is one of the newer ballistics wheels. These are completely different wheels. The newer wheels are threaded. And I havent seen them used in anything yet. But that sure as shit looks like it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back