The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FP Turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellling14

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2009
millersburg, Ohio
I've been thinking about purchasing a FP turbo for my build. After reading some customer reviews I'm kind of shying away. The reason for this is any time some one has issues FP seems to have crappy customer service can any one else verify this? I'm going to get there manifold also but there's no doubt in my mind that that's what I want for a manifold. :hmm:

Keep in mind, when reading reviews online, its typically only the people who have bad things to post that bother to do reviews. Most of the time, all the happy people say nothing, so you don't get a true view.

Current turbo is from FP, turbo before that was from FP. I've ran my current turbo a couple years so far, turbo before I kept for 5 or 6 years. That's saying something, the evoIII turbo I had before that lasted maybe 2 summers before I was bored & wanted to swap.

After that 5 or 6 years my turbo was still in the same shape it was when I bought it (unlike some of the other brands that tend to eat themselves).

All my dealings with FP have been great.

I have had good service from fp also they answer my questions and are very helpful plan on getting next turbo from them in the future.

FP is my favorite vendor to do business with. I've had multiple orders through them and only once have I received the wrong thing. I gave them a quick call and it was sorted out within minutes, they paid for shipping both ways and even threw in some free shwag.

Shying away? I'd think twice before actually dealing with them, I've had nothing but positive things from those guys, ivdon understand why there reviews are negative besides being from people being highly impatient.

Bought my 18g from them
Proceeded to rape 18g
18g still going strong

Just bought a car with a PTE turbo; however, cannot wait to replace it with a fp turbo.

I got a 71hta from them. Great product and the support is unreal. I have called with serious tech questions about their products, amber can help you out 90% of the time and if not you wil reach one of their super experts.

The issues you will hear are usually thrust bearing issues. Not feeding from the ofh or using proper oil causes a majority of those failures. The fact that a lot of us are over boosting with massive back pressure is another.

My current turbo is my fourth FP turbo, never a problem....out of the normal. If I have a question, I call them and they talk to me and solve it or give me the answer.

I've never had anything from FP, but they have to be doing things right to achieve number 1 nuts swung from status on here. Seriously though, their bolt on turbos completely changed the dsm scene, and no one designs more turbo related stuff directly for ou old platform. Oh wait I do have their intake on my holset. Not a very important component, but they defiantly designed a part o fill a need.

I have bought couple turbos, manifold, intake, etc. from FP over the years and they have solid reputation and customer service. It is very difficult to find good continued support as out platform is over 20 years now. They still provide product and support on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back