The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G FP turbo manifold on stock 2G turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xsvpaintball

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2021
Richmond, Virginia
hey guys! new here. Im curious to know if there are any downsides to putting my FP turbo manifold on the stock turbo. I have a short ram intake, getting new intercooler piping, big 16G turbo with new fuel pump ready to go, I'm just trying to see if it would hurt my car adding the manifold first or if it is best to wait until the new turbo. thanks!

My suggestion, wait so you don't have to do much of the work twice.

You're likely to break some of the bolts and studs taking it apart and if the car is running now just wait until you have the turbo and a new set of exhaust studs, turbo bolts, and the rest of the parts to install the turbo and go from there.

The FP Race manifold has a significantly higher volume than the factory 2g piece. It's designed to be able to handle turbos that flow more than double what the factory manifold can put out. Installing it is pretty straightforward and it will fit just fine, but there will be a significant increase in boost threshold, a sizeable increase in lag above said boost threshold, and no actual benefit when still on the factory 2g T25. As @steve said, just wait until you're putting the turbo and everything else on and do it all at once. Although, to be honest, a 16g is still pretty small relative to what the FP manifold is designed for. I "downgraded" to an EVO III exhaust manifold at the same time I upgraded from an E3 16g to an HTA68 and the reduction in boost threshold and lag from the smaller exhaust volume was very noticeable, and even the HTA68 is not saturating the Evo 3 exhaust manifold yet at 20 psi. If your factory manifold is in decent condition, you might consider using it with the 16g as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back