The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Fp turbo coolant lines or no coolant lines

Running coolant lines to journal bearing turbo?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bird58

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2019
Revere, Massachusetts
Hey guys, I’ve been trying to get as much advice as I can before I keep going. I’m near to completing my 4g63 build but running into questions if I should runcoolant lines for my freshly rebuilt FP Red. The reason why I’m leaning towards NO coolant is because I already shaved and welded all the nipples shut on the water pipe and also running a FF OFH.
My 1gb will be driven more on a day off cruise/NE Dragway and a couple car meets. Spring to fall then put away to hibernate in this wonderful Massachusetts unpredictable weather . I know and heard to let the car idle for a least 3-5 of not more minutes before shutting down on hard passes

I would like to hear your opinions and or experience thx in advance

below is a pick of my water pipe

Attachments

• 882AE38F-5F7F-4292-8E16-2A974D6D24B4.jpeg
    882AE38F-5F7F-4292-8E16-2A974D6D24B4.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 66
No coolant- it's only necessary for hot shutdowns or endurance racing. Ball bearing turbos require coolant due to the tiny fraction of oil they pass, but journal bearing turbos are fine...especially those fed from the filter housing.

No need to waste fuel idling for 3-5 minutes unless you're doing boosted pulls into your driveway.

Follow @JusMX141 's advice. I run Holsets and no coolant. I don't do a pull on the way home, turn in and shut the car off though. If you do a pull, let the car cool and you will be fine, if like said, feeding from the OFH for more pressure. I pull in, let the car idle down and settle in and shut her off. No turbo timer crap just common sense for your turbo. It is daily driven (when it is running and not having issues) to the store, fast food etc. No real cool down when you are just driving like a normal person.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back