The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP Guage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Glenview_IL
For a underhood fuel pressure gauge mounted on an AFPR should I run a liquid filled guage or is any gauge fine? My Full Throttle AFPR is waiting for me to come home for spring break so I need to order a guage for it.

steve said:
You can use either type but the liquid filled needle won't jump around as much.
Unfortunatly, both of my cheap summit ones popped the seal and leaked.

Steve

Depending on where you mount it the non-liquid filled will work nearly as well. I have the dry B&M gauge mounted on the fuel filter and works fine for me, though if mounted on an AFPR attached to the fuel rail would be unreadable ;)

Autometer gauge, non-liquid, mounted on the firewall. No problems.

I have the liquid filled gauge from Slowboy, it is only $29 and you wont have any problems.

Liquid filled or not liquid filled, its basically your personal preference. They both have good/bad characteristics. They liquid fill gauges for locations where there is vibration, the liquid dapens the vibrations, causing less wear on the gauge & the needle doesn't "jump" around as much. The only problem with a liquid filled gauge as that they are usually sealed with a rubber plug. What happens is that when there is a temperature change pressure or vacuum builds up inside the case, this pressure acts against the bourdon tube inside the gauge and can cause your reading to be inaccurate. what you have to do if this happens is to pull the plug to vent the gauge to atmosphere.

Another vote for the CHM liquid gauge from Slowboy. I have it mounted directly to the Aermotive FPR. Easy to read and adjust.

DSM90AWD said:
Depending on where you mount it the non-liquid filled will work nearly as well. I have the dry B&M gauge mounted on the fuel filter and works fine for me, though if mounted on an AFPR attached to the fuel rail would be unreadable ;)
I also use the B&M. Havent had a problem in almost 2 years of using it..... It's also what I sell and recommend the most at work, and none of my customers ever had problems yet... If you can get a liquid filled one for around $30, then go for it. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back