The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FP Black Street car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a couple recent pictures I took while out on the first drive with new setup.

Attachments

• FP.Black.bayphoto.jpg
    FP.Black.bayphoto.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 392
  • EclipseFP.2.jpg
    EclipseFP.2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 308
Not really, but if I do ill hit you up. :thumb: let me know if you ever make your way up here. The car scene is getting a lot bigger in Eugene, we have been having car meets almost every weekend and there's usually at least 20-30 cars that show up on a small meet, sometimes up to 50 cars or more when the weather is nice. Though usually a quarter of those are Hondas LOL.

I second that motion. Come to Medford! Sweet ride

Dyno results are in!! Made 587/410 on a DYNOcom Dyno ( they tend to read a little higher than Dyno Jets ). Im gonna put it on a Dyno Jet soon to get some more accurate numbers. Tuned it at 35psi on E85 for this dyno session. Time for new Head studs also.. the standard ARPs are not happy at 35 psi, head is lifting and pushing coolant so the boost is gonna come down a bit for my next Dyno session until I can get some L19 studs in.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2QpQHSXc8]FP Black DSM @ 35 psi E85 587/410 tq - YouTube[/ame]

That makes me worried, I plan to have 30lb of boost with those studs. Seeing quite a bit of issues lately.

How much flow are you seeing? I wasnt having issues with standard arps at 66lb/min 36psi

according to link only about 58 lbs/min .. Fuel is about 240 lbs/hr on E85 . the head has been off a couple times in the past 30K miles, so the studs may be a bit stretched( last torqued to 100 ft/lbs) and probably time for a new head gasket and timing belt anyways.. I could maybe try re torqing them down, but in my opinion It would be better to just get some L19s to avoid future problems.

My new FP Black is sitting in the box here and within a couple weeks I will have it on the car and will start tuning. Thanks for posting this and confirming I made the right turbo choice for my goals.

My new FP Black is sitting in the box here and within a couple weeks I will have it on the car and will start tuning. Thanks for posting this and confirming I made the right turbo choice for my goals.

That and the amazing sale last year :thumb:

Well I Finally got the car to the track. Only got two good passes in, best was 11.29 @ 130.09, other was 11.31 @ 131.09. Only on all season street tires so I was having a little problem getting out of the hole fast. Best 60' I could cut was 1.82. So next step is getting some drag radial tires. Also have a JMF sheet metal intake manifold on the way so that should pick up some more top end.

Attachments

• 11.2.Timeslip.jpg
    11.2.Timeslip.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 139
Well I Finally got the car to the track. Only got two good passes in, best was 11.29 @ 130.09, other was 11.31 @ 131.09. Only on all season street tires so I was having a little problem getting out of the hole fast. Best 60' I could cut was 1.82. So next step is getting some drag radial tires. Also have a JMF sheet metal intake manifold on the way so that should pick up some more top end.

Nothing to be ashamed of there. That is a great mph. Plenty of e.t. left to gain. Good luck! :thumb:

Looking good so far. I miss my old 20g set up. I wanted to go with a black, but life happened, now that things are really good I have two dsm's I'm building. I skipped over the black and got a hx40 for the 90 fwd laser and a gt4202 for the 95 gsT. I'm really interested to see your results from street trim on the black. I was running 11.6x on the 20g before I let go of it. I know it had more because I did that when switching from 91 plus meth to e85 and did barely any tuning and was logging the same numbers after the switch. So I know I had room with the ethanol.

It should be fun, my biggest thing was traction in the beginning. Hope you reach your goals, it always feels great to do that.

Good luck and god bless,

Anthony B.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back