The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Found some goodies under the carpet while swapping seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffwithaG

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2017
Flemington, New_Jersey
I swapped out my super roached out driver's side seat for a much better one. Found a ton of goodies under the carpet while I was cleaning. What's the best or weirdest thing you have randomly found in a DSM?

Window switch cap
Bullet
Tire pressure gauge
Flash light
Full cigarette
Cigarette butt
Screw

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If your last pic is your replacement seat , it looks like one of the seams has let go. It would be so easy to take that cover off and resew , before it looks just like the one you removed .

I found this key under my seat and no one has any clue to what it may be for ..

Wow. Let me know if you figure that one out, because I found the exact same style of key under the seat when I bought the car.

I couldn’t figure it out, so I just chucked it into the parts bin.

If your last pic is your replacement seat , it looks like one of the seams has let go. It would be so easy to take that cover off and resew , before it looks just like the one you removed .

That one is the replacement and you're right, one of the seams is gone. I called 2 auto upholstery shops and they both told me it couldn't be fixed. One said because the "leather had stretched". I might try to sew it together myself.

You guys must be pretty young if you don't know what that key is for. It's for a steering wheel lock. They were pretty common in the 90s to "prevent" car theft.

Almost sure that's a key from one of those steering clubs (steering lock)

Unfortunately no coins, but my van came with a weekend in Japan starter pack. The object on the left is a coffee creamer.

My second Talon came with a seemingly infinite number of what we called lemon squares. Little orange Triscuit-sized and -shaped plastic air fresheners that the selling dealership had shoved absolutely everywhere, including inside the dashboard and behind interior trim panels. It also came with 5 10mm sockets, so that was nice.

Unfortunately no coins, but my van came with a weekend in Japan starter pack. The object on the left is a coffee creamer.

My second Talon came with a seemingly infinite number of what we called lemon squares. Little orange Triscuit-sized and -shaped plastic air fresheners that the selling dealership had shoved absolutely everywhere, including inside the dashboard and behind interior trim panels. It also came with 5 10mm sockets, so that was nice.

Haha that's awesome! You got a lifetime supply of 10mm sockets, except they are the first to disappear....

When I bought my 90 gsx, it had several pine-tree cherry air fresheners. The whole thing was overwhelming! As I drive from Florida back home to Wyoming, I kept finding more of those things tucked everywhere. Kept throwing them out. With the car at home, I started disassembling the interior, and found like three more cherry air fresheners. The smell started making me sick! There were like 7 or 8 of them all told. Took a while and trashing all the carpet and padding to get that smell out. Never found anything nasty in the car that would have required masking with air fresheners..?! The p/o must have really liked cherries.

That one is the replacement and you're right, one of the seams is gone. I called 2 auto upholstery shops and they both told me it couldn't be fixed. One said because the "leather had stretched". I might try to sew it together myself.
I just stitched that exact seam 2 months back. Hardest part was taking the cover off, which itself wasn't very difficult.

All I've found so far was a quarter within the center console, and a bunch of broken plastic bits rolling around inside the doors. I feel like the most interesting things that I've found are things which are not there, like missing fasteners and small, hard to source pieces of trim. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back