The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Found my DSM in a barn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLMikeS

Probationary Member
May 19, 2013
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Been trolling around the forum now for a bit and am ready to post. I have seen and read all the stories of guys finding a old mustang or chevelle in some farmers barn or old ladies garage all orginal and surviorish. In reality the odds of finding something sweet on my limited time and budget isnt realistic......until a few weeks ago I was doing a job at a guys house in the country and when I was loading my truck to leave I spotted what I thought was a older style eclipse (1g as i have learned from my reading) in a barn on a tarp half covered up. Before I left i asked the homeowner about the car and he showed me under a tarp a 1994 Lazer AWD. He said it needed a harmonic balancer and some tires but if i would get it out of his barn I could have it for $400. I paid the cash and now i am the second owner of a sweet AWD. Shes white and all original. Havent had much time to work on her yet but I am glad i found the forums and will post some pics soon.

Been trolling around the forum now for a bit and am ready to post. I have seen and read all the stories of guys finding a old mustang or chevelle in some farmers barn or old ladies garage all orginal and surviorish. In reality the odds of finding something sweet on my limited time and budget isnt realistic......until a few weeks ago I was doing a job at a guys house in the country and when I was loading my truck to leave I spotted what I thought was a older style eclipse (1g as i have learned from my reading) in a barn on a tarp half covered up. Before I left i asked the homeowner about the car and he showed me under a tarp a 1994 Lazer AWD. He said it needed a harmonic balancer and some tires but if i would get it out of his barn I could have it for $400. I paid the cash and now i am the second owner of a sweet AWD. Shes white and all original. Havent had much time to work on her yet but I am glad i found the forums and will post some pics soon.

That's really awesome man, congrats :thumb:

How many miles on her? How long has it been parked? Please post up some pics when you can.

Welcome to tuners and there are lots of DSMers in this town and probably more Evo guys.

Everything. ..LOL make sure u go through everything ex. plugs, wires gaskets timing belt hoses just to name a few. Bought my 90 awd tsi last year, second owner with 95xxx on it.car sat for 7+ years. I replaced tranny clutch transfer case clutch pedal assembly some sensers and some other things plus a lot of bushings. Now the car runs drives and boosts like a beast...for being just about stock. In the process of redoing the upholstery to get rid of the smell from sitting so long...damn mice. Its come a long way from when I got it. just got to repaint it since my clear coatis gone.but good luck with it man. If u treat it good it will return the favor. Plus it can with the original window sticker from the dealer.

Cars got 106k on it been sitting since 07. Guy i bought it from has started it up and ran it about 3-4 times a year and stabil 'ed the gas. First owner got me all the service records and the original window sticker! I am hoping to have some time this weekend to get the car up on blocks and start "loving" her back to road form. Brakes and clutch first. Then motor and drivetrain.
I found out from the web that plymouth ceased production mid year and that only around 5000 94's were produced. Any idea on how many were awd? Just wondering how rare it might be.

Last edited:
You have a rare car. About 5k produced total and I thought I read someplace that less than 20 percent were AWD.

1994 5,284 (production halted mid-year)

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Laser]Plymouth Laser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Wow, how strangely coincidental. I witnessed a 93 Laser AWD (white too) covered up in a machine shed just last week when looking at a 2g GSX.

Didn't buy either one.:sosad:

Thats awesome, I almost never see Laser's anymore. Good find!

Grand Ledge eh? I'm in Hastings but I'm in Lansing quite a bit and drive through Grand Ledge on my way. Moving out towards Sunfield/Mulliken pretty soon. Where did you find the car?

Def gotta get some pictures posted of this thing!

Dammit, why can't I find a '94 Laser AWD?! Lucky bugger. ROFL

Nice find I have only seen a hand full of lasers around my area in tx none of them are awd so great find. Kind of funny I found my 1990 eagle talon TSI fwd in the middle of a corn field as I was going to school and bought it for 500 just needed a fuel pump and have been driving for 6 months now with no problems. keep the maintaince up on these cars and not over do the mods to blow them up will last a long time. Have fun with it can not wait to see pics of this car.

Pics from the barn!l

Attachments

• DSCN3314.jpg
    DSCN3314.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN3315.jpg
    DSCN3315.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN3316.jpg
    DSCN3316.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 120
Wow you really are the luckiest person on earth. That was a steal. The transmission alone is worth more than you paid for that car. Make sure you get a new timing belt on there ASAP. For all you know it could fail next time you turn the key.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back