The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Forgot to blead lifters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoRiceGo4g63

Probationary Member
Mar 25, 2019
mesa, Arizona
Ok let me share a little story with you guys. I installed some bc 264/272 cams the other day. Without thinking I just threw them in and put everything back together. I tried starting it and it wouldn't start. Then one of my friends asked if I blead the lash adjusters (lifters). I panicked and went ahead and blead them after several attempts of trying to start it. After I blead the lifters and reassembled it. It started right up but was making a noise like I bent the valves. I went into panic mode and thought I bent my valves. Several friends told me that if they were bent. It mostly wouldn't start. I was going to just test it I already know I had messed up. I started looking for parts. My friends instead that I test it. So I went and got a cylinder leak down tester. I just got done testing it and right in front of my eyes I seen that I didn't bend any valves. Moral of this not so short story. Keep good friends around, and test before you assume.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I know #3 rings are starting to wear.

I say thats good news.....but DON'T DO THAT AGAIN.....
Now count your blessings and say 3 hail marys to the DSM Gods!!!!
:pray: :pray: :pray:

I bought revised lifters last year, hand bled all 16 in a bowl of oil, then let them sit in a jar of oil (with bleed hole up) for at least 2 full days before I had the opportunity to put them in. Even after all that, they were noisy for the first hour of letting them sit in the engine at idle. After that, they never made any other noises. So it does take a while for them to stop chattering.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back