The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Forge bov, reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I highly recommend Forge products. I git a full refund for the BOV's. They even sent one at no cost to see if it would work better than the first. It seems that with my system it did not go well. Even with the TIAL I am borderline and was considering a second BOV until I got the ligtest spring in the one I have.
I use the Forge UNOC MBC and it is an amazing piece, superb quality, not like the home made version of an MBC I had before it.
The nice thing about the BOV's is that they attatch to the stock flanges both 1 & 2G.
Superb customer service. Mark

Well I thought I'd update this thread. I received my Forge BOV, the unit looks great and the quality seems very good as well. I've attached a few pics of the unit, it has a completely different designed compared to the 1g and has no problem holding 20 psi without any leaks. The unit came with 4 springs & shims to adjust it for your desired boost level. Compared to the 1g it sounds louder and has more of a pssst sound whereas the 1g is more of a woosh. I had issues with it not releasing properly above ~10 psi, seems to release in three bursts instead of the normal 1. I wasn't able to solve the problem but it was only on the car a couple days before I had to put it into storage. Im pretty sure its something simple like haveing to relube the piston but I won't know for sure until the spring.
So fo a stock turbo, what spring should be used? Blue or yellow?

I put the same 1G billet aluminum bov on my car, and it works really well. Great quality and came with some extra springs. I'm still on stock psi, recirculated, and mine flutters too. I personally think it sounds kinda cool, but I've heard fluttering can be a bad thing :idontknow:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back