The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Foreign Language: When do you use "change" and "replace"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Th3DooM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2011
Dresden, Europe
Hey there guys

I'm in a vocational college and in English we have the topic "car". Since english is a foreign language for me and I browse the english interwebs very often, my teacher asked me to find out when you guys use the word "change" and "replace" when you exchange parts for repair or tuning.

Hope you don't laugh too hard at me.:thumb:

Replace is used for missing or exchanging broken items. Change is left over moneyLOL. Change is used for swapping items that are still intact or good condition. I did good in english but see how that works out.

Hey there guys

I'm in a vocational college and in English we have the topic "car". Since english is a foreign language for me and I browse the english interwebs very often, my teacher asked me to find out when you guys use the word "change" and "replace" when you exchange parts for repair or tuning.

Hope you don't laugh too hard at me.:thumb:

Look @ what "my dreamt dsm" said..change is leftover money..wechselgeld! might bring a nice LOL in class..worth a try.

Schweirig..wechseln oder Austauschen bzw tauschen..

Bremsbeläge Austauschen,aber Bremsflüssigkeit wechseln...hmmmm??

I changed my ECU / engine managment setup by replacing parts asscociated with the system.. hmmm

see what i mean. ?

I need more Midrange torque..wouldf it be a good ideas to replace my Camshafts with uprated versions? should i change my valve springs for stiffer ones even if themanufacturer doesnt recommend it?

My wife learned alot more from me and watching Movies in english reading books/magazines/comics than she ever did in school and university..because the Schools teach a dry rule for rule kind of english..youd be lost in the UK or States with it..noone will understand WTF u talking about.--esp with the Wrong pronounciation taught your teachers and th teachers who taught them.

Rant:
A,Ahh and Vee and W double u ..W isnt pronounced like a V and V isnt pronounced like a W!! frustrating to hear for me..

i could kick the TV everytime that idiot says the Woice instead of Vioce of germany arggh ..vioce is like video FFS.

rant off!

See english isnt as Strict as you may thinj..its not german ffs.Most important thing is to let it flow..if it "sounds "right..it probably is.

Its something that should come to you natrually,worst thing when learning another language is to think in your mother tongue.

You know youve got both languages down is when you can be witty im both(all 3)..very hard .. dont want to brag,but i can :D

if i were you,start lurking around some British forums too.. like MLR for eg or evo123 .net or evoowners...see the differences in english etc..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back