The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Forced Four shift box help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
So ive finally got to the part were im installing the shift box. There is a Ton of wiring..... what exactly am I connecting to. Solinoid “a” b.... etc. there is a 12 pin connector on the trans and 3 3 pin connectors and 1 1 pin?

Attachments

• 5930A3DB-248D-443D-8244-2C6755497C3B.jpeg
    5930A3DB-248D-443D-8244-2C6755497C3B.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 1FB07835-4CD6-419A-BC7B-3499DC466AD6.jpeg
    1FB07835-4CD6-419A-BC7B-3499DC466AD6.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 5906FF71-877B-422E-90A1-E0335FA49C79.jpeg
    5906FF71-877B-422E-90A1-E0335FA49C79.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 373
Damn thats alot of wiring. I think it would be alot easier if the company made a harness adaptor myself! For an extra 200 i think its better then wiring for hours on end and then zero chance of a mistake!

This seems a more advanced version then road surge's,

Here is a rundown of the wires I am using and where they either gather input, give output or the power and ground for powering up the SmartShift box.
Without the factory wiring for a auto trans, you will have to run these wires direct from or to the respective devices.
The "reed switch" picture is where the VSS signal comes from but is built into the auto wiring harness. The signal is still there on a manual car but you will have to find it on the back of the instrument cluster as is the tach signal, which is labeled on the pcb board on the back of the instrument cluster.
I show the solenoid connector to be a 4 pin connector. I spent well over an hour digging thru the FSM for the info you are needing and think I got you all the connections you need.
Remember, this unit controls ANY transmission with up to 4 solenoids (6 now, I think), so it isn't DSM specific.
When wired correctly, this unit runs my 92 Talon GREAT.
Marty

Edit. I need to add that the blue wire on the SmartShift box will go to terminal 1 of the solenoid valve terminal connector. See the last picture I just added. Its the Pressure Control Solenoid, kinda important for auto cars! This is if you don't have an auto harness to tap into. I will check my wiring again.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
MY PERSONAL SETTINGS:
I'm going to post this publicly so that everyone can copy or at least look at MY PERSONAL settings for my 1992 Talon. It drives very stock like and the auto-upshift points (for drag racing) are set low because its all stock down to the 13b turbo. I have video on this cars profile also if you feel like seeing it work. I mash the gas in Manual mode and it shifts exactly where I have it set at, everytime otherwise, I can manually shift or flip it into Auto mode and it drives like normal.
Enjoy all....
Marty

Ps. If you find a flaw anywhere, please let ME know! :thumb:

Its the SmartShift 100.1
I have been through all of the menus many times but haven't found a "converter slip" function. My car will stall up to 3k before I start to push thru the brakes and it is starting to grab there anyway.
Interesting.....my auto car is all stock.

Edit. I do find "stall up" on the analog input and the digital output screens but i don't know how one would configure it to help with stall, so by all means, if you can add to this thread, please do. :thumb:
You still have to remember, Shawn built these to work with multiple electronic shift applications!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Edit. I do find "stall up" on the analog input and the digital output screens but i don't know how one would configure it to help with stall, so by all means, if you can add to this thread, please do. :thumb:
You still have to remember, Shawn built these to work with multiple electronic shift applications!
Thanks!

But mostly designed it off of THESE BADBOYS!!

Lockup? I think I recall seeing that, I see it was not enabled for a higher gear I think.

Just wanted to see what trial and error anyone has. I daily, so i can not be too much of a guinea pig.

I do have it installed. I start up in 1st gear always, I need to swap fluid and enable hard shifts again.

Old thread but adapter harness is made... just use your old broken tcu as a donor...

Attachments

• 20210313_101316.jpg
    20210313_101316.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back