The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Forced Four 150

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK9er

Proven Member
Jun 1, 2014
lincoln, Nebraska
I am getting ready to install my shift box, but want to make sure everything is correct. My car is a 90, so there is always something screwy. I think I have the wires that go inside figured out.

- the two red wires are 12 + ECU pin 110
- black wire is ground ECU pin 106
- orange/yellow wire goes to ECU pin 19
- white wire goes to ECU pin 109
- pink wire goes to ECU pin 18
- gray wire goes to brake switch

Now, the wires going to the trans is where I have some questions. The trans I have is a built auto that was used for drag racing so a lot of stuff is cut up. I'll add some pictures. I am pretty sure it used to have the kiggly wire mod on it, but since I am using the shift box I shouldn't need that, right? So, my question is, are the three wires in the one picture (orange, yellow, blue) the only wires I need to connect to the shift box? I am assuming they are the solenoid A (orange), solenoid B (yellow), and pressure solenoid (blue). My car was a manual, so no TCU. And, can I get rid of the inhibitor switch entirely?

On a second note. When I bought the trans it came with a Jeff Bush torque converter kit. Unfortunately the 1/2 shaft spacer isn't there. Does anyone know where I could get one or the dimensions?

Thanks!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I would need to look at the 90 ecu pin out... but as far as the trans itself your assumption is correct.

Your pin out looks good to me

I would need to look at the 90 ecu pin out... but as far as the trans itself your assumption is correct.

Your pin out looks good to me
You could remove the neutral safety if you like but you wont be manual shifting if you do.

I tap into the gear selector wiring to allow myself manual shifts with my ratchet shifter.

You could remove the neutral safety if you like but you wont be manual shifting if you do.

I tap into the gear selector wiring to allow myself manual shifts with my ratchet shifter.
I thought I would be able to manual shift through the shift box. Do you still need the inhibitor switch for that?

I thought I would be able to manual shift through the shift box. Do you still need the inhibitor switch for that?
You can use the up down buttons if you got that. The shifter though wont be selecting gears like mine can unless you rig an up and down type input

You can use the up down buttons if you got that. The shifter though wont be selecting gears like mine can unless you rig an up and down type input
Thanks so much! You have been very helpful.

Are you using it as a tcu for daily driving or for race shifting? We ha e some maps available.

Also think about wiring in a switch for sport and economy maps if driving it daily
Its going to be a weekend warrior I guess. I have seen some of the maps. I plan on doing a paddle shift, eco/sport mode - the soft shift (I think that might be the eco mode), and what I am really excited about is the staging setting. I am also putting the gear indicator in the dash. I'll post a picture when I'm done.

Did you make that set up?
I got the bottom set up motion works

Wired to ground to chassis the other wire to the box. On the box it tells you what wire to wire to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back