The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

For you to laugh at, and me to cry about.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is an "underhood" shot. :rolleyes:

Edit: Notice the wastegate with a radiator wrapped around it.

Attachments

• dscf0217.jpg
    dscf0217.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 290
Originally posted by lowavenger96
Looks like the core support is toast....Hope you can weld.
We are going to try to bend it out, but if that fails it will hit a shop for a cut and weld.

Ouch!!! :cry:

I definitely feel your pain, dude. I did something similar a couple years ago, to some dude who was testdriving a Hyundai Excel, 5mph impact - but it took 3.5 years to sort out the insurance crap. The guy driving sued me for $100,000... and lost:thumb: (sometimes the legal system actually works!)

Hope you get that fixed though, always a shame to see a wrecked DSM - I know, I see one every day :rolleyes:

Core support... Flex back or weld.

Fluidyne radiator.

CF hood... why not.. just paint it.

Headlight.

Fender damage?

Originally posted by MNGSX
Core support... Flex back or weld.

Fluidyne radiator.

CF hood... why not.. just paint it.

Headlight.

Fender damage?

Reading my mind? ;)

The passenger fender is a definite, but the drivers side on 'shifted' back as well...we'll see about that one. Both headlights are trashed, the one you see in the pic is just the housing.

Lando, you need a Fluidyne? I have one I could sell you.

Regards,

Originally posted by RipperXX
That is anything but funny, but seriously what did you do launch the car right into his back end???
It was a "brisk" take off.

Aslan: PM me a $ figure. I am a bit apprehensive, though, as there is barely enough room for my one remaining fan as is...and I'm sure the Fluidyne is MUCH thicker than my radiatorbarn.com el-cheapo aluminum rad.

FWD isnt that bad :p

Just kidding about before, I hate to see a good car go to hell like that. At least it wont stay there. Insurance wouldnt do that much anyways you'd still be paying for it before and after it happened. At least with my damage it can wait. Well not the light, its cracked and keeps on burning bulbs. and then again i cant get the light fixed without a new hood...

Lets put it this way. YOUR CAR IS MORE POPULAR AT PARTING OUT THAN A 93 FOREST GREEN TALON IN CANADA

Plus you've had offers to replace almost everything... hope the shipping gods are nice to you.

Wow Kris sorry to hear. I hope everything goes as planned with the rebuild or what ever you have planned. Good luck:thumb:

Originally posted by Tevenor
I have a set of 92 lights if you need them.
Shoot me a PM with details, and thanks again to all for the kind wishes.

HA HA thats what you get for having a stupid AWD ;)

Originally posted by willsdsm
HA HA thats what you get for having a stupid AWD ;)
:mad:

Attachments

• meow.jpg
    meow.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 333
Gah, that sucks. Turbo/wastegate/exhaust make it through that okay? (That radiator looks a little too close for comfort.) How about engine/tranny supports? (I think you mentioned that both fenders were at least pushed back a bit...)

Along with looking for a CF hood, maybe Carbonwerks could do something for you as a fender replacement? Hey, knock off a little more weight while you're at it. ;)

Originally posted by logic
Hey, knock off a little more weight while you're at it. ;)
You calling me fat? :p

Actually, ALL of my mods made it through unscathed. The WG dented the hell out of the radiator and only has a scuff on it. The mounts for everything look to be good, but I will know more as wrecked parts come off, and new parts go on. I will be going CF for the hood, but the fenders will be junkyard brand. ;)

Originally posted by LandoAWD
You calling me fat? :p
I prefer the phrase "full-figured tuner". ;)

Every time I think about shaving weight off the car, it occurs to me that replacing/removing a particular piece is only worth it if it'd knock off more than I could reasonably lose on Atkins. ;)

Good to hear that you're in reasonably good spirits about the whole thing, though. Any broken part is a good excuse to upgrade. :D

Originally posted by LandoAWD
It was a "brisk" take off.

A "brisk" take off huh, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that. Well glad your not all tore up about it. Long as there was no serious structual damage you will just come back that much faster... a little lighter and maybe wont be so quick to pull another "brisk" take off behinde a truck :laugh:

Good luck with it lando.

Here is how she sits as of this morning. I am having quite the time lining the hood latch, and headlights back up using the basic hand tools I possess.

I am actually debating taking it to a body shop for the remainder of the repairs.

Attachments

• dscf0340.jpg
    dscf0340.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 146
A pic from Sat.

Attachments

• dscf0334.jpg
    dscf0334.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 352
Looking good... how much longer til she is back on the road?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back