The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

For Those of You With Either Big16g's or EvoIII 16g's Come In..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes, the SBR turbo is the same.

Personally, I prefer FP.

It isn't like FP or SBR are making this turbo or the housings. They are both getting them from Japan. It is called an Evo III 16G because it is the turbo off of an Evo III.

Originally posted by ShapeGSX
Yes, the SBR turbo is the same.

Personally, I prefer FP.

It isn't like FP or SBR are making this turbo or the housings. They are both getting them from Japan. It is called an Evo III 16G because it is the turbo off of an Evo III.

I prefer FP as well, and if any of you are thinking about buying an EVO III 16G check out my earlier post with the link, this is the best price anyone has on this turbo. $549 with free shipping and sales tax only if you live in WA (I'm just getting anxious for my new turbo :cool: )

-Brady

Where are you quoting FPs price from? I show FPs retail price to be 599 and slowboys price to be 569 as listed on websites.

Originally posted by zac83
Where are you quoting FPs price from? I show FPs retail price to be 599 and slowboys price to be 569 as listed on websites.

FP's price is a special that Robert from FP is giving Andre (owner of PINA Motorsports who is holding the group buy) to sell 10 turbos at $549 plus free shipping. Robert priced it (for the group buy) to be the lowest offered right now on the market.

-Brady

... It is called an Evo III 16G because it is the turbo off of an Evo III.
I believe this turbo is actually a truck turbo, yet still very close to the turbo on the actual Evo III.

Originally posted by jake98gst
I believe this turbo is actually a truck turbo, yet still very close to the turbo on the actual Evo III.

Why do you think this? I have found web pages that show the part number of the turbo that came on the Evo III. That number matches the number stamped into my turbo's compressor housing.

It may be used on a truck, now. Turbos have multiple uses. But it definitely did come on an Evo III.

Why do you think this? I have found web pages that show the part number of the turbo that came on the Evo III. That number matches the number stamped into my turbo's compressor housing.

It may be used on a truck, now. Turbos have multiple uses. But it definitely did come on an Evo III.
I Agree with you Shape. I don't think it would be called an EVO III 16g if it didn't come from an EVO III. :thumb:

I read in another thread that both SBR and some Mitsubishi dealership confirmed that it was a truck turbo although very similar to the one on the actual Evo III. I searched and couldn't find it. It might have been on DSMTalk.com but I can't search on there because my account is blocked for some reason. If anyone would like to be cool, ask a DSMTalk Moderator why it is and to please unblock it.

Originally posted by jake98gst
I read in another thread that both SBR and some Mitsubishi dealership confirmed that it was a truck turbo although very similar to the one on the actual Evo III. I searched and couldn't find it. It might have been on DSMTalk.com but I can't search on there because my account is blocked for some reason. If anyone would like to be cool, ask a DSMTalk Moderator why it is and to please unblock it.

Check out this web page. It lists most of the stock turbos on stock Mitsubishi vehicles. Scroll down to where it says Lancer Evolution III.

http://asp.turbo.com.sg/p_mitsubishi.asp

See that number in the far right column?
"49178 01470"

That is the same exact number that is stamped into the compressor housing of my turbo. From RRE:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Maybe it is used on a truck now. Who knows? Turbos have multiple uses. But it WAS used on the Evo III.

Do you have a link to where SBR said this? Did they also say that it absolutely didn't come on the Evo III?

I can't link the thread because I'm not allowed to search on DSMTalk.com and it's not on this site. Also, it's not that I don't believe you, I do. And SBR gave the information over the phone to someone. If someone has an account on DSMTalk, search for "evo 16g truck" or something like that.

i wish they put those on trucks. Then I'd go to the junkyard and find a wrekced truck or one with a blown motor and pick up a cheap turbo.

I have the EVO III 16G turbo, EVO III manifold, and the EVO III O2 housing. I bought all of it from SBR and ported it all. I upgraded from the T-25 too, all I can say is that it is ####ing sweet as hell. I had to alter my downpipe though. If I were you get the EVO 16g and get a stainless 2.5 O2 w/ ext. dump. port your stock mani out. The Evo is supposed to be good for 375 hp max. If your goal is for a bigger number, then get a bigger turbo.

Now there you go fastspoolingst , thats first hand experience!!! The Evo III is a much better turbo, and the simply install kits make it a breeze.. LIke earlier posted in this thread, it is comon for all 16g turbos to boost creep, its just there nature!! 34 mm flapper, port the crap outta everything!!! It will be a big improvement from the t25!!

FASTSPOOLINGST said:
The Evo is supposed to be good for 375 hp max.

At the crank? I think WHP is more like it. I ran 108mph on pump gas @21-22psi with car weighting in 3140lb. that's like 308-310 at the wheels 370's hp at the crank with 20% drivetrain loss

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back