The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

For the Six of You Whose Signature Was Deleted in the Last Half-hour

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

DSM Wiseman
Jan 13, 2003
glorious Galt, California
Because regardless of the time of day or day of the week, that's how many I edit any time I log on.

Almost all the time, it comes down to one thing:

Absolutely NO text is allowed other than your first and/or last name - period.
No other text will be allowed.

If your screen name is "WowFastHotStuff", that is not your name. Your name is what's on your credit card.

The other reason is usually because your picture is larger than 250 X 250 pixels. And yes, 252 pixels is too big. And it will be spotted.

These rules have exactly -ZERO- flex to them.

And for the thousands of you who never cause any trouble at all, my most sincere thanks.

Just wondering, Defiant, do you forsee the text rule or DSM only thing being revoked. I would like to put my new vehicle in my sig next to my old one, and i was wndering if this ban was going to be changed anytime. I remember in the beginning it was for a point or something other, just wondering if it was ever going to be changed.

thank you
Grant

I'm just a sheriff, not the emperor. Ludachris would be the one to ask.

But the answer will be no, they won't be changing. Eliminated completely perhaps, but not changed.

Is there any way we can make an amendment to allow to pictures of the same 250x250, for the people who have sold their cars, but still want to kep their old pic and also have their new one. Still no text. but doesnt change the overall space taken up of a sig. I know im probobally fighting a loosing battle but its worth a try.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of a rule that lets you only use your real name for a sig? What kind of damage are we looking at by people using handles or aliases in place of these birth names?

Scott

can a sig with 2 cars as long as one is a dsm be allowed as long as it doesnt contain other text besides name and its within 250 by 250?

B00stedgst said:
Can someone explain to me the purpose of a rule that lets you only use your real name for a sig? What kind of damage are we looking at by people using handles or aliases in place of these birth names?
What's the "purpose" of any rule?

The Signature rules are reactive. They've been put in place because without them, the signature privilege had been abused. We can read your alias on the left of every post you put up.

More succinctly: Because We Say So, That's Why.

Shadowofoblivio said:
can a sig with 2 cars as long as one is a dsm be allowed as long as it doesnt contain other text besides name and its within 250 by 250?
Maybe yes, probably not. I've seen a couple and haven't deleted them, but have others. Specifically, it isn't allowed. I'm not the only one deleting signatures.

is there any way you could suggest it to the other mods, or shouldwe put a thread in the comments suggestions forum? I would like to proudly display my jeep along with my long lost love but dont want it deleted. I hate doin stuffi m not supposed to. I guessthe military had a say in that one. Guide us in the right way oh great mod defiant.

hey defiant i understand the rules but i mean everyone on here knows us by our''tuners'' name so will there be a change as to allow that on our signature?......i mean by using our real name thats kinda like saying we need to have our real name on here instead of the name we chose as a sn

:talon: Monty :talon:

I believe its because if someone wanted to know your SN, they look over there <<<<<
If they want to know your name, they look in your sig. Makes it easier on people.

It's simple folks - sure, usernames are "cool" and "cute" and are helpful at keeping people anonymous. But those of us who have been here for a while would like to know who we're talking to. Using your name gives you more credibility. Not to mention, some people have absolutely ridiculous usernames. When I meet people at events, I don't introduce myself as Ludachris - my name is Chris. Why is it too much to ask that some people act like adults and use their "real" names? Every post you submit will have your username next to it anyway, why put your username in your sig when we can see it to the left of the post? The internet is anonymous enough as it is - to a fault much of the time.

97GS-TSpyder said:
is there any way you could suggest it to the other mods, or shouldwe put a thread in the comments suggestions forum? I would like to proudly display my jeep along with my long lost love but dont want it deleted. I hate doin stuffi m not supposed to. I guessthe military had a say in that one. Guide us in the right way oh great mod defiant.
Taken directly from the sig rules:

"no other vehicle photos should be posted unless you DO NOT own a DSM. In that case only, we will allow a small photo of your primary vehicle."

That should answer your question.

Kinda, but i asked if it could be considered as a change, not if it was currently allowed. And it doesnt say only one picture indefinately. It was just a request tahts all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back