The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

For the doubters on here.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROFL ROFL I just heard Shep is going to run a stock 6-bolt and a 14B to break 7.49 in his 1G next season.

Something's just not right with your equation here. Sure a magnificent driver can do amazing things, but some of your claims are downright unbelievable unless you got your hands on some 200 octane fuel.

Sure more boost is going to make you fast, but you'll need more fuel in order to cool the combustion temperatures enough to prevent knock. If you're getting knock, the loss in timing is going to hurt more than added boost....for example, a car running 25psi and 8* of timing is going to be slower than a well-tuned car running 18psi and 23* of timing.

I just can't understand how you were running 450cc injectors well into the 11's unless you had eight of them.

Seeing as how you joined this site 5 days ago and you're already sitting on over 100 posts and creating threads titled "For the doubters on here...", you're obviously here to prove something. I'm not accusing you of not knowing anything, however you don't have to throw your knowledge in our faces- you'll eventually become discovered on your own.

I never said i was that guy. I never said i ran 11's, best i could do untuned (no electronic control other than the ECU) on the Frank was 13.3@105. I posted that story cause too many here thing that you cant push past 16psi on the stock injectors, or turbo for that matter. And one guy said good luck following my experience and to PM him for a motor rebuild if my knowledge was followed.

As far as the 550 comment, i posted further down that i may have remembered wrong, they might have been 750's and was looking for the article where Dave himself said what he was running. I remember it cause he said he was talking to a Honduh racer and they were running like 30psi base and 1100's or something huge like that.

The formula for what i was running, and running safely was this:

50 lbs base fuel pressure
RX-7 TT pump (190lph@43psi) rewired with 8ga to the pump
Modded 1G MAF, the entire lower half was hollow and smooth
Crushed 1G BOV
90 ECU (stock)

The couple times i logged it i was getting zero knock and i dont remember how much timing. On race gas it was another story, ive never been in a car so fast, but that day at the track i broke my welded center diff and drove a RWD Talon for a couple months. Ill say that smoking the tires at 70mph on 110 Torco race fuel and 27 psi was to say the least, an awesome feeling.

Given that the stock 1G FPR is 39 (?, going from memory) and i was running 50psi, that should translate into 1.28 times the base pressure making my 450's perform like 577's.

Yea tech is cheaper, ill give it that, but tried and true always works. Anything im doing or have done is way older than i am even, and im only in my 30's.

Owning and modding a DSM used to be about Going Fast Cheaper, so a lot of innovation was born, shops were started etc. Guys like Al Blaha pushed the envelope to prove that it could be done, mostly to the Honduh guys, but to V8 owners too.

Im not trying to force anything on anyone, but when i say something that no one has heard of, instead of asking HOW its done, they just said it COULDNT be done.

Oh, and the earth is really flat.

LOL wow for giggles i pulled up dsmtimes.org to see how fast the fastest 14b is, and i see they hit 10's with juice, but sitting at 100 the last time i ever submitted for my own car is there.

DSMTimes.org - Home

At #33 is my old friend Ryan Gast, i built his exhaust and taught him a lot about 1G's, [email protected] @ 25psi.

i see no point.

Attachments

• picard-no-facepalm.jpg
    picard-no-facepalm.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 188
Can be slapped by it at any time.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I never said i was that guy. I never said i ran 11's, best i could do untuned (no electronic control other than the ECU) on the Frank was 13.3@105. I posted that story cause too many here thing that you cant push past 16psi on the stock injectors, or turbo for that matter. And one guy said good luck following my experience and to PM him for a motor rebuild if my knowledge was followed.

As far as the 550 comment, i posted further down that i may have remembered wrong, they might have been 750's and was looking for the article where Dave himself said what he was running. I remember it cause he said he was talking to a Honduh racer and they were running like 30psi base and 1100's or something huge like that.

The formula for what i was running, and running safely was this:

50 lbs base fuel pressure
RX-7 TT pump (190lph@43psi) rewired with 8ga to the pump
Modded 1G MAF, the entire lower half was hollow and smooth
Crushed 1G BOV
90 ECU (stock)

The couple times i logged it i was getting zero knock and i dont remember how much timing. On race gas it was another story, ive never been in a car so fast, but that day at the track i broke my welded center diff and drove a RWD Talon for a couple months. Ill say that smoking the tires at 70mph on 110 Torco race fuel and 27 psi was to say the least, an awesome feeling.

Given that the stock 1G FPR is 39 (?, going from memory) and i was running 50psi, that should translate into 1.28 times the base pressure making my 450's perform like 577's.

Yea tech is cheaper, ill give it that, but tried and true always works. Anything im doing or have done is way older than i am even, and im only in my 30's.

Owning and modding a DSM used to be about Going Fast Cheaper, so a lot of innovation was born, shops were started etc. Guys like Al Blaha pushed the envelope to prove that it could be done, mostly to the Honduh guys, but to V8 owners too.

Im not trying to force anything on anyone, but when i say something that no one has heard of, instead of asking HOW its done, they just said it COULDNT be done.

Oh, and the earth is really flat.

I agree about the innovation back in the day, however, there isn't much new happing in the DSM world. There are many products designed to take the guesswork out of selecting parts. Personally, I think this is a good thing and I see no issue with it at all. Why care if someone wants to spend money and not push stock parts to their breaking point. It is their hobby respectively, and I doubt many do it to impress anyone. Hopefully everyone that is in this hobby does it because they enjoy the time invested.

As for spending as little as possible, with the prices of parts such as wideband O2 sensors today, it is silly to take on a hobby such as this and not have one. I've done the old O2 voltage and EGT tuning hacked MAS tuning years ago, and I'm more than content to spend some extra cash for instrumentation and the ability to properly tune the car.

As for your injector fuel flow numbers, there is more to it than just dividing new pressure by old pressure, you have to use the square root of that quotient, and mutiply that value by the starting injector size.

This means if you starting fuel pressure is 39, and you raise it to 50, your 450cc/min injectors will flow about 510cc/min.

Was the 13.3@105 on 27psi and the 110 leaded fuel?

This means if you starting fuel pressure is 39, and you raise it to 50, your 450cc/min injectors will flow about 510cc/min.

Was the 13.3@105 on 27psi and the 110 leaded fuel?

Yea, youre right on the 510, been sooo long since i had to convert it.

And hell no, the 27 psi was the day i broke my center diff :( 13.3@105 was pump gas and 18 or 20psi i think. Before the Frank i ran [email protected] on the 14b. So i gained .2 and 5mph just bolting it on. The next year i herniated a disc and never got to put the motor back together after it died driving back from Buffalo NY (7hr each way).

I still don't get it...

We all know about Al and his sick MAF hack, hell I dot one hand delivered by the man some years back while working on the old Laser. We know what he did and still marvel at it.

Were you "called out" or something and felt the need to defend your honor on the forums?

Signed,
Lost Old-schooler

I don't see the point here? For us "old schoolers" (am I really even that old school? probably not, even though i was around for talon digest). It's been a KNOWN fact that DSMs can run fast on the right mods and the right driver. What's the point? original poster is just proving something that's been proven 1000x before?

For someone who is 'from the past', I'd reckon you're a wee bit older too. Why come onto the 'new' forums and spit your old-school stuff at us and demand respect? You should already know that respect earns respect. When you come into our home (whether you were part of the old home or not), don't puff your chest and expect a good response.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back