The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FMIC question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselboy

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Seattle Area, Washington
Im looking for a large FMIC (RNR, Dejon, IRC, 2-216 size) that allows you to retain the stock fogs. I thought the Dejon/RNR core allowed you too, but obviously Im wrong.

Would this be the slowboy? Which FMIC is this because this is exactly what I want...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just looks like a 216 core. Doesnt really matter who you go through as long as they got good CS, nice welding and good looking endtanks....eh hemm eh hemm :did someone just say AGP turbo?: eh hemm

Actually it looks like the ADFX core (24x10x3¼) what do you guys think?....

that COULD be the adfx. not sure. no pillars on the bumper with the stock foglights fills the gaps nicely:)

Hmmm Because look at the very bottom right of the IC right next to the fog light. It looks like its slanted and the ADFX is the only one Ive seen with the slant :confused:

Just get the IndyRaceCore...so much better quality..better core...so what you can't use the foglights...IRC is way better..just get some smaller aftermarket foglights...

rnr makes a good fmic core. or you can call up a shop in san diego that makes really nice kits. everything comes polished standard and the kit runs about 1100. uses a Spearco 2-216 core with polished endtanks with polished alluminum piping flanged for your bov. looks exactly like IRC. weld work might be even better. they make headers and turbo kits for supra's and s2000's. the shop car just put down 891 to the wheels on 28 psi no nos. i think they know what they are doing. very impressive kit. send me a pm and ill hook you up since the cores are special order.

^^^^^^ this guy is shady. heard alot of bad stuff about him. heads up.

^^^^^^ this guy is shady. heard alot of bad stuff about him. heads up.

Exactly...stay the hell away from Manny if its the last thing you do.
IRC/a 2-216 core that anyone you trust local or non-local (AGP;) ) to weld up will work...

I dunno. Im liking what ADFX has to offer. Everyone and their mom has an IRC and 2-216. The reason why I wanna keep the stock fogs is because I like them, I like their fitment, and I know fo damn sure Im not gonna spend any money on aftermarket fogs. Thats why I wanna keep them. Anyways, look at the test for the ADFX FMIC. The test was conducted on their Supra IC, but it applies to the DSM core as well...

http://www.adfxracing.com/ic-info.asp?vehicle_id=1

Well I really dont think thats the adfx core bud... could be just me though, but check thi slink out http://www.rit.edu/~jwl2033/tsipictures.html it shows mulitple pics of him going through the IRC 216 install http://www.rit.edu/~jwl2033/talon.html PLus the adfx is 24x10x3.25 which isnt a bad size, but sure not the 28x10.5x3.5 LIKE THE 216. The reason everyone has them should be obvious to you Derek...they are do shizzle';)

Not in the factory spot... You can get brackets that will move the mounting spot over so you can bolt them up still. They will look the same (not tilted or slanted or anything) but you just have to fabricate a little. We did this on a local guys 1G and it looks just like stock.

The FMIC in the above kit is an IRC 2-216 race core... just have the grind on the stock foglight brackets a little. I've had several customers retain the stock fogs on 1gs... on 2gs it's a different story.

Well then I guess you can do that to. I just went to home depot and bought some little "L" brackets and bent them up to fit. Its self explanatory when you look at it... Good luck

Austin

PS-tell me that doesnt look cool Derek =)

Yes, I love it. I love the fact I can keep the stock fogs as well (as petty as it may seem). Ive already talked to Ken and I plan on purchasing one in 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the help Austin and Ken....

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Actually it looks like the ADFX core (24x10x3¼) what do you guys think?....

Cant be ADFX, because the one on the car is Bar and plate and the pic of the kit you show isn't.

please im not shady at all. the kid can call up the shop himself. this shop makes THE BEST FMIC kits i have ever seen. better and cheaper than irc.

he tried to bait and switch people by telling them he was affiliated with certain dsm shopd when he wasnt. he would then either take their money or send them subpar product. a real pillar of our community.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back