The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

fmic install nothing but trouble any help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheidemanjr

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2009
medina, New_York
ok so i got a ss auto chrome fmic got it all hooked up the intercooler lines keep blowing of got that fixed now it just runs like straight s$#t. only get like 5psi on my boost gauge but the stock one reads max? any ideas why? allso it buks real hard around 4k rpms , feels like it just dies then kicks back in and the a/f goes full lean? could all this be boost leak? where does the stock boost gauge get its boost sourse from and why would it read max when my after market reads like 5-9psi 9 being 5k rpms? any help would be great as my wifes pt crapper just blew the f$#king head gaket so now its gotta be the dd till i get her something new thanks guys
:ohdamn::ohdamn::ohdamn::ohdamn: :confused::confused::confused::confused:

sounds like a hella boost leak. Make yourself a tester and find that leak. My .02 on the pipes, I had beads rolled on all mine 20$+ I put a small hit of some glue on each coupling as I joined them up. FIND THAT BOOST LEAK :thumb: and its prob solved. I would throw a new h/g on that PT its just a 420a.

where does the stock boost gauge get its boost sourse from and why would it read max when my after market reads like 5-9psi 9 being 5k rpms?

Definitely a boost leak, think about it, what else could it be? You installed a fmic, now you're getting fuel cut, low psi on boost gauge, and car running like crap.

The stock boost gauge gets it's reading from the mas, which reads how much air goes in, even though you have a boost leak the turbo will still pull lots of air in through the mas, causing a false reading on the stock gauge.

allso it buks real hard around 4k rpms , feels like it just dies then kicks back in and the a/f goes full lean? could all this be boost leak? this could allso be boost leak? it ony buks one time every gear at 4500 rpm?

well thanks fellas for confirming that for me will do leak test tommrow and let ya know what happens!

You probably don't even need to do a test, just tighten down all the clamps and you'll probably be surprised to find a loose one somewhere.

True but its nice to know where it is coming from in case it shows its ugly face again. You know right where to go and its not guess work. Plus if the leak is coming from the fmic core itself you will be able to find it.

It's always wise to do a test. You'll find more leaks that way. And your car will just flat out run better.

+1 on def doing a leak test so you can see exactly where it is coming from in case so you know what to pay special attention to if you have to take it apart again.

Yeah but its by no means a set it and forget it operation. JB weld is not metal and it does it melt and form into metal FULLY eliminating the hole. You are in essence putting a plug on it. ANY local welding shop will throw a bead on it for 20 bones or less.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back