The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fmic install help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmic installs, like many others things, are pretty much self explanatory. The fmic has a single location thats always the same. The routing is pretty easy to figure out depending on short or long route. One pipe goes to the ic and the other to the turbo. Things in the way have to be moved or relocated.
I installed a short route on my 2g auto. The only things that were a problem for me was
I had to make a cut in the frame for the upper ic.
I had to relocated my auto cooler and overflow.
I had to bend one of my dipstick tubes for the upper ic. Other then that its pretty easy :)
Im almost positive anyone who was looking at the fmic and their car could figure everything out no problem.

There are some useful intercooler removal/install writeups in the tech forums for a 1g. Nek is correct that installing a intercooler is pretty self explanatory no matter what piping configuration you choose. Hope this helps.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/212244-xs-power-fmic-install.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/293747-1g-stock-intercooler-removal-cleaning.html

wow:D thanks bro that was just what i was looking for i know its self explanatory but i had some thought:aha:s on some parts but its all cool now:hellyeah: ...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back