The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Flywheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMPPRC

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2008
Desoto, Missouri
Im replacing the clutch on my car. just got the old one off and im looking at the flywheel and it looks like it has little cracks on it. heres a pic of it. will a be able to reuse it?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You will need to get it resurfaced but it looks like heat stress (slipping the clutch too much). I would just get a new one personally. Fidanza aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction surface FTW!

Today i am trying to get the flywheel off and i have got all the bolts off with an impact wrench besides one off them. any pointer of getting the bolt off?

Hopefully you have not stripped it. What I do is get a 1/2' ratchet and wedge it on some part of the suspension or fender well so it doesn't move on the timing side of the motor. Then I put a 6pt socket on the bolt and use a piece of metal conduit about 5' long to shove over the handle of the ratchet and use the conduit as a huge breaker bar. That persudes it to come off. Just be sure to keep the socket straight on the bolt so you dont strip it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back