The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

flywheel???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
Sorry for this newbie question, but what is a flywheel? what is it good for? do 2g's have a stock flywheel?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ok a flywheel is the metal disk that goes in between the motor and transmisson. I bolts to the crankshaft of the motor and then the clutch presses up against it to turn the trans. it is also used to start the motor the starter uses the gears on the outside to turn the motor over and start it.

yes you have a flywheel and yes all cars have some sort of flywheel.

O by the way you cant see it so dont go digging for it. you would have to pull the trans out.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

all you guys can thank me later

thanks alot. If my clutch wears off, i've heard it is better off to get a ACT 2100 because my car is a FWD. Should I get a upgraded flywheel to go with it?

Originally posted by kareem17
thanks alot. If my clutch wears off, i've heard it is better off to get a ACT 2100 because my car is a FWD. Should I get a upgraded flywheel to go with it?

If all you do with the car is drag, stick w/ either the stock flywheel or an ACT XACT wheel.

I have a Fidanza, and as long as they are machined correctly, they are AWESOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back