The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Flywheel installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ybarguen906

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2021
San bernardino, California
I am installing a new flywheel on my 99 gst and I am having a hard time making it stay still. I have a piece of wood in between and it’s no use also tried getting wrench between a pressure plate bolt and tranny bolt but I can’t get an angle. The bolts are really tight and I still haven’t heard a click from my torque wrench so I am assuming its not down to spec yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Cut a 2 by 4 and wedge it against one of the pads of the flywheel towards the front of the car and the other end of the 2 by 4 against the ground. At that point you have essentially blocked the flywheel from turning. If this is A2G you have to be diligent to make sure the motor doesn't move forwards or backwards while trying to apply torque

Is a long prybar with the handle end on the ground and the wedge end in-between two teeth such a bad way to do this, if you get the angle right so it holds and doesn't damage the teeth, and are gentle when applying torque?

Well it's not as good as a wrench or chain because you can still damage the teeth. Before I figured out to use a chain, I used to jam a screwdriver horizontally between 2 teeth wedged against/into the housing and used gentle force. It didn't damage the teeth and I think would be better than a prybar against the ground which being vertical into the teeth is more likely to damage them (maybe even chip one off), IMHO.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back