The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Flywheel cover inspection plate [merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civic619

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
San_Diego_CALI
Hey guys, would someone here know what size bolt would i need to install the flywheel inspection cover on a 2g GST???

If you are not familiar with this part, its the cover that goes on the tranny where the tranny and block meet. Without the cover, the flywheel is exposed.

Thanks for you help and info!!!

also, is it true that DSM trannys are weak???

Does anyone know if I can take the flywheel cover off of a Non turbo eclipse (95-99) from a salvage yard and if it will for for my 97 gs-t?
i'm sure it would but i'd like a second opinion before i head out there and spend the money ;)

Does anyone know if I can take the flywheel cover off of a Non turbo eclipse (95-99) from a salvage yard and if it will for for my 97 gs-t?
i'm sure it would but i'd like a second opinion before i head out there and spend the money ;)

You do understand that these are two completely different motors right? I don't think a 4G63 engine has much of anything in common with the 420a. As far as I know, none of our parts are interchangeable with those of the n/t motors. But, good initiative though.

You do understand that these are two completely different motors right? I don't think a 4G63 engine has much of anything in common with the 420a. As far as I know, none of our parts are interchangeable with those of the n/t motors. But, good initiative though.

yeahhh. that was a dumb question now that i think about it :beatentodeath:

My friend has a 420a and his engine is like completely backwards.. that's what i get for being on so late at night. :shhh:

yeahhh. that was a dumb question now that i think about it :beatentodeath:

My friend has a 420a and his engine is like completely backwards.. that's what i get for being on so late at night. :shhh:

Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us. Good thinking though.

i just called extreme psi and he said that all 7 bolt flywheel covers are the same and resimble that picture... =/

how can i tell weather i have a 7 bolt or a 6 bolt?

thanks guys

Sorry to bring up an old thread but its the only one. I have a 2g awd with a 6 bolt. I understand I should be using a 2g awd inspection plate rather than a 6 bolt one?

I use the 6 bolt plate. I am not sure what the difference is. I never had those plates when I did my 6 bolt motor swap.

Ok guys, listen when i got my car (i have a 6-bolt block with - 2g had on my 96 eclipse. When look under the car can see visibly the flywheel. It looks like theres bolt holes for a cover. Should there be one there??

haha yea as long i looked under them, never saw one!! So i wondered if there was actually one. Because noticed some dirt, debri on the lip so mayb think about gettin one. Anyone know where i can find it??

I have bought several of them from JNZ, not that expensive and looks awesome. Also if you are ordering that you might as well pick up the 2 that go on the head right below the timing gears on the front and back side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back