The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Flyer's 4g63 powered '74 celica

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worky worky. Trying to get the front suspension apart. Not sure if they had enough support, 3 upper bolts in the strut tower, 2 lower bolts on the lower control arm, and 4 bolts going into to steering knuckle, which you have to remove the entire brake assembly to take off. But anyways. Lol

yzanuvyt.jpg

Hey man does your front Thermostat housing clear the water pump pulley? Ive been looking at them for a couple days and it seem that it wouldn't clear it? any input?

Hey man does your front Thermostat housing clear the water pump pulley? Ive been looking at them for a couple days and it seem that it wouldn't clear it? any input?

I honestly couldn't tell you yet. I don't have a pulley on. I have seen/heard this concern though and I emailed Jay Racing and was assured that issue has been resolved or was do to improper installment. If I do run in to this issue I will definitely bring it to light.

I honestly couldn't tell you yet. I don't have a pulley on. I have seen/heard this concern though and I emailed Jay Racing and was assured that issue has been resolved or was do to improper installment. If I do run in to this issue I will definitely bring it to light.

Thanks, and please do. If it does work without issue then ill have to get rid of my custom set up and get one of those.

Hey look. Getting a little bit of work done. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368392235.127911.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368392252.412169.jpg

Who needs a place for a spare anyways? (Y'all will eventually see why this is being done ;) )

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368392269.975569.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to seeing how this turns out. I was just at a drift event P.A.R.C here in Oregon. This celica had a Beams 3sge engine that was ripping it up on the track. Although he sheared the pinion gear on the last run.

I know the car! He is an avid member on the celica forums. I love his setup.

And here is what I was working on today. ;) I personally love the set up. Something different. I know it doesn't look perfect, I need to finesse it a little bit. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400910.087503.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400928.981551.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400971.729771.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368400987.420068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is going to be sick as hell! keep up the good work man!

love the exhaust by the way.

Thank you friend. Hopefully many more updates to come. Slowly but surely she's getting there. Working full time has me busy and physically burned out by the weekend. But the money is good so I won't cry. I love the new job.

But anyways. I should be getting a new shiny part soon from mishimoto :)

Thank you guys! I hope to get to work on it some more soon and get it to look all pretty. But I smile every time I pull I to the driveway and see it LOL.

Man that exhaust is awesome! Glad to see some more progress. I think your followers are about as stoked as you are to see it mobile. Keep up the great work.

Thanks man! Lol I sure hope everyone is excited. I like it.

Lol. Thanks guys. Still working on saving up for more parts. Updates will keep coming.

I just seen this build. Very nice. Reminds me of when I was putting together my truck. I skipped a lot of corners compared to your build.

Thank you!

Yeah I'm trying not to cut corners like I did on my other builds. I want this one to be done right not just done so I can drive it. Although that is tempting.

Staying busy with work, but I'll be able to tinker a little here and there. I want to finish fabbing the exhaust and then finish with some of the body work.

I will also start picking up the rest of the engine pieces I need. Mostly small things.

I see you haven't figured out a clutch setup yet. If you use the oem dsm flywheel and pressure plate, get like a Sachs oem clutch kit for a starion or conquest. Will come with a new tob and pilot bearing. Take the flywheel to a machine shop or if your comfortable drilling out the center to accept a pilot bearing do so. I still plan on buying a fidanza flywheel for my truck as replacing the friction plates are cheaper then a new flywheel and getting that machined for a pilot bearing next clutch job.

I will definitely look into that. Thank you!

I haven't really made any progress lately. I've been super busy and paying loans and such.

I am however looking at getting a new daily if it all works out. We'll see.

I will definitely look into that. Thank you!

I haven't really made any progress lately. I've been super busy and paying loans and such.

I am however looking at getting a new daily if it all works out. We'll see.

What did you have in mind for the daily? :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back