The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Flyer's 4g63 powered '74 celica

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah those brackets are what I need. However many there are. The front of my engine is bare LOL

I plan to pull the interior out this weekend and fiddle around a bit. Still nothing major going to happen without income. But one step closer helps.

I plan to pull the interior out this weekend and fiddle around a bit. Still nothing major going to happen without income. But one step closer helps.

Sounds like a plan! Get all of the time consuming work out of the way that you can. In the future you may have the funds but lack the time. Funny how things work that way.

Keep up the great work. :hellyeah:

Sounds like a plan! Get all of the time consuming work out of the way that you can. In the future you may have the funds but lack the time. Funny how things work that way.

Keep up the great work. :hellyeah:

That's exactly how I'm looking at it. It may be hard to find the time working full time and maybe even 2 jobs.

Most everything I'm doing now is more restoration than anything else. If I had the money to order the parts I need, I'm pretty confident I could have the car done in 1-2 days. I just lack all the essentials haha

Hello friends. Sorry for the lack of updates. Unfortunately there hasn't been any. I graduate in 5 weeks and I currently have quite a good job offer. I should find out soon whether or not I am fortunate enough to have the position.

It may still be a while, but I'm still looking at being able to drive the car before the end of the summer.

I'll do my best to keep you guys in the know! :)

Next thing I need is the front engine brackets still for the timing assembly.

Last edited:
Hello friends. Sorry for the lack of updates. Unfortunately there hasn't been any. I graduate in 5 weeks and I currently have quite a good job offer. I should find out soon whether or not I am fortunate enough to have the position.

It may still be a while, but I'm still looking at being able to drive the car before the end of the summer.

I'll do my best to keep you guys in the know! :)

Good luck with everything!

I can see if I can help you out! There are a few semi-unmolested 7- bolt 4g63t at the local u-pull and pay. Heading there this weekend let me know if you still need them.

Thanks guys! Y'all really are the greatest! I should be getting some updates within a few weeks. I graduate in 15 days (counting down the minutes really) I have quite a great job offer lined up and should be able to continue with the build.

There is still a lot to be done on the car both to get it running and driving and also cosmetically. I'll do my best to keep y'all posted. :)

Happy Easter everyone!!

I have a tiny update for you guys. I was able to tinker a little with the gauge panel. I got it all set and secured. It looks like a mess because of the epoxy and such I used to mount it to the old plastic "frame" per se to install it in the car.

It will eventually be wrapped in suede or some form of fabric and look much better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364743473.244059.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364743494.727710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dig the dash man. Will look sweet once the gauges and such are in place. Also the grenade shifter is the bomb! Lol. Stupid humor but really lookin good bro. Also congrats on graduating. Hope the job offer works out for ya too.

Dig the dash man. Will look sweet once the gauges and such are in place. Also the grenade shifter is the bomb! Lol. Stupid humor but really lookin good bro. Also congrats on graduating. Hope the job offer works out for ya too.

Thank you friend. Yeah I was at the gun show and saw the grenade. Just seemed like an awesome idea. And got it for an explosive deal ;p.

I'm stoked to be graduating. It's going to be nice.

And I'm pretty confident the job will work out very well. It's for a position as a technician at a local Lexus dealership.

Nice man, congrats one graduating! Cant wait until i do too (in 2 more years LOL). Im loving the build so far and can't wait til you can really mess with it in the near future :D

Nice man, congrats one graduating! Cant wait until i do too (in 2 more years LOL). Im loving the build so far and can't wait til you can really mess with it in the near future :D

Thank you my friend. I know it's hard to stay focused in school but now that I'm graduating the best advice I can give is to stay at it and work hard.

I'm glad everyone seems to like the build. That's what I'm going for :) I should be able to really get to work on it in a week or so. It will be mostly cosmetic stuff like fixing rust and all. The actual "get it running" is just dependent on finances. Lol

What the heck!?!? Someone stole my freaking interior!!! Ugh!!!

Ok just kidding. I decided to do something while doing nothing and start pulling out the outdated interior. I will be redoing it completely. Probably going to go with an all black/gray suede interior. I will be using dynamat as well for insulation and sound deadening.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365290634.671660.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365290653.198723.jpg

And here is the most recent engine bay pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365290705.700011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I graduate tomorrow guys! (Friday the 12th) be on the look out for more frequent updates. They may not be special, but progress is progress.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back