The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Flyer's 4g63 powered '74 celica

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The two large holes were cut out by hand. The smaller holes I used the knock out punches. Generally the punch will "roll" the metal back, the are mostly used specifically for gauges. It rolls the metal so the gauge fits in the hole better. But I wanted to do something different. So instead of tightening the knock out punch all the way, I only tightened it to the point of shearing the metal.

I did however take it through an English wheel to insure flatness.

the knock out punch im assuming is 2 1/16 for gauges?

the knock out punch im assuming is 2 1/16 for gauges?

I used the 2 1/2" punch. I am using 60mm / 2 5/8" gauges.

Technically, because the punch is made to roll the metal it is just slightly larger than 2 1/2".

It's official. Now I just need to find a good placement on the car. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355609651.067848.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355609665.887225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the car. Congratulations on the sponsorship (if that's what it is).

Looking great man, sponsorship's a big deal your so lucky!

Thank you friend! I'm pretty stoked.

Unfortunately my income has dwindled to next to nothing. So as of right now, it does not look like any parts will be added to the car until I graduate (march 22nd) manual labor and some body work is about all I'll be doing for awhile.

I am aware of three. Only 2 ever ran. One other one is still being built from what I know. One was a pure drag car from Canada.

Following this thread. Love Cecilia's! ** yes I know it's Celica, but I call them Cecilia because they're that damn sexy **

Clean car! After time goes by, what color are you planning?

Love the build!

Following this thread. Love Cecilia's! ** yes I know it's Celica, but I call them Cecilia because they're that damn sexy **

Clean car! After time goes by, what color are you planning?

Love the build!

It's kind of hard to say. I'm at a toss up between wether or not I want to make a murdered out mean looking thing. Or go classy and nice bright colors and such. As of right now I'm feeling the murdered out one

Suck that the money's short again, but at lest you can get the shell completely straight in the mean time. Have you pulled the interior apart and looked for rust on the inside of the shell? That's how I found all my rust on my 1gb and my supra.

shucks, I can't wait to see this thing going. makes me wanna do something never done before.

4g63 into a miata or an older mg? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmm that give me an idea......wonder if my brother would notice if I swapped a 4g into his miata one night. :cool:

Yeah it does suck. But it happens. I'll be graduating in 4 months so I'm not too concerned.

I have not yet pulled the interior out. I don't believe it will be too bad, I have checked the underside if the car thoroughly and have smacked it with a flat head screwdriver. I know that doesn't rule out the possibility. But you get the idea.

There really isn't much rust on the car. Just a couple of spots. And they are all pretty small.

I'll still try to keep this updated as much as I can. Until then

I wish everyone a merry Christmas enjoy the festivities.

It's official! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356396349.075238.jpg

It's kind of hard to say. I'm at a toss up between wether or not I want to make a murdered out mean looking thing. Or go classy and nice bright colors and such. As of right now I'm feeling the murdered out one

I think either will work out nicely. It is very hard to make this body-:thumb:style look bad.

hmm that give me an idea......wonder if my brother would notice if I swapped a 4g into his miata one night. :cool:

This would be a neat swap, I have seen many with LSX, 2JZ, SR20 swaps. A really cool project would be the F2T engine in one of these. This is something I have been daydreaming about lately.

Looks great! Keep up the good work sir!:hellyeah:

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I just haven't been able to do anything on the car. Been really busy with general responsibilities.

As if right now I do not expect the car to be driving before June. I'll be lucky if its even done this summer. I graduate April 12th so once that's done I can start working full time and set back for the car.

I will do my best to keep y'all updated with anything I do get to do.

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I just haven't been able to do anything on the car. Been really busy with general responsibilities.

As if right now I do not expect the car to be driving before June. I'll be lucky if its even done this summer. I graduate April 12th so once that's done I can start working full time and set back for the car.

I will do my best to keep y'all updated with anything I do get to do.

School comes first! :thumb:

Agreed. My education has always been priority over the car. It's unfortunate I haven't had the money, but like you said, the education will supply me with what I need to make money when I graduate. I'm not too concerned.

I'm not far away from being able to drive the car. There are a lot of things I can wait to get until later, just so I can drive. Who needs a speedo anyways? Lol

Well I was able to get some minor stuff done. No pictures yet but I'll work on getting those.

I did a complete wiper delete.

Welded up the crossmember support. Much better than it was. Still isn't perfect. But it will be fine for now.

I am working on finishing up the gauge panel. It looks like mess right now with some jb weld and super glue LOL. I will eventually be covering in with suede.

Nice update. Have you considered doing any flocking for the interior bits and dash? Usually turns out pretty nice.

Nice update. Have you considered doing any flocking for the interior bits and dash? Usually turns out pretty nice.

I can't say I'm familiar with flocking? I'll have to look into it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back