The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Flyer's 4g63 powered '74 celica

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah this one is proving to be a pain. I'll eventually get it out. I may not be pretty, but whatever LOL.

I'm happy with progress. I do however need a radiator *cough cough* :p LOL

Shoot me a PM. :thumb:

Thanks John!

So just as an idea of where I'm headed. The next steps are:
Engine harness
Pedal box
Radiator
Clutch
Alternator relocate
Tach
Driveshaft
ECM link
A few minor engine parts, plugs, thermostat etc
Charge piping

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The only problem is my income will now be very limited. This recent purchase in parts was from money I was owed. It's all be payed off now so I'm back to practically nothing LOL. We'll see what happens though.

Man this thing looks great man, keep up with the updates.

Just ordered a harness. :) she's coming together nicely!!

Thanks guys! I can't wait until its actually presentable. Drivable will be awesome too, but if I can get what's in my head on the street. It will be mind blowing.

I just finished cutting the metal for the trans mounts. I hope to tig them when I get a chance. If not I'll mig them at my house.

Also got a harness. :)

Almost the weekend which means some alone time with the car. Goals for the weekend.

Make radiator template
Make pedal box template
Weld/install transmission mount

I really wish I had more free time LOL.

Little bit of work I got done today.

Made the radiator template to get an idea of what I want.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403603.738306.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403618.166277.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403632.605693.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403646.706568.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403660.495823.jpg

Set up the fuel rail. Didn't have long enough bolts for it though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403697.956080.jpg

Finally got that friggin core plug removed. Only took an act of congress. Got a little chewed up but I cleaned it up and installed my thermostat relocate kit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403768.064925.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403782.104466.jpg

And this makes me laugh.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403805.987569.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Big things happening now!!! Hopefully very soon!

Looking really good man. Been keeping watch and this thing is gonna be flag out sick as hell. I think everyone on here is looking just as foward to seeing this hit the road as you are. Lol. Great job man. Awesome

Looking really good man. Been keeping watch and this thing is gonna be flag out sick as hell. I think everyone on here is looking just as foward to seeing this hit the road as you are. Lol. Great job man. Awesome

Thank you my friend! I'm hoping it happens soon. I have 15 weeks led of schooling and have a lot to think about as far as relocation/opportunities I want to pursue. Many options, just need to make the best choice.

I will be following this thread.

I am starting a 4G63 swap in a S13 240sx. This is some good info.

Right now im on the hunt for a d50/mighty max transmission.

Sounds awesome man. If you need advice I'll be happy to help.

Hit up junk yards for the transmission. Just be sure you get the one for your block. If you have a narrow block, you will need the narrow block trans.

Also look at projectzerog.com

They have a ton of good info.

Sounds awesome man. If you need advice I'll be happy to help.

Hit up junk yards for the transmission. Just be sure you get the one for your block. If you have a narrow block, you will need the narrow block trans.

Also look at projectzerog.com

They have a ton of good info.

Ive been reading projectzerog.com for a few days now.

The plan is to go with a 6 bolt and a 2g head.

I would like to thank John from Mishimoto (vendor on this forum) for all of his help!!! This is huge for me!!!! Thanks again!

1974 Toyota Celica ST

You are very welcome, the pleasure is all mine. It is great to be part of such an impressive build. Keep up the good work. :hellyeah:

how did you make that plate? im looking to do something similar in my hot rod:hellyeah:

Are you speaking of the gauge panel?

I took some .040" aluminum, tin snips, knock out punches and a file.

Made a template and cut it out. Used the knock out punches in a manner as to not "roll" the metal, which is what they normally do. Tin snipped the other holes or excess material and filed it down.

Are you speaking of the gauge panel?

I took some .040" aluminum, tin snips, knock out punches and a file.

Made a template and cut it out. Used the knock out punches in a manner as to not "roll" the metal, which is what they normally do. Tin snipped the other holes or excess material and filed it down.

they look like damn near perfect circles

they look like damn near perfect circles

The two large holes were cut out by hand. The smaller holes I used the knock out punches. Generally the punch will "roll" the metal back, the are mostly used specifically for gauges. It rolls the metal so the gauge fits in the hole better. But I wanted to do something different. So instead of tightening the knock out punch all the way, I only tightened it to the point of shearing the metal.

I did however take it through an English wheel to insure flatness.

Awesome to see another fellow ZeroG'er making progress. Great platform to build on, keep up the good work:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back