The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

flex plate ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicious_mole

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2005
Granger, Indiana
just wondering what all is going to be needed to do this

the car is a 93 laser automatic non turbo 4g63

wondering what is all required to do a 6bolt swap, i know the motor and harness with hook up just more thinking whats all different as far as the flexplate hooking to the torque converter, is all i need a flex plate for a 6bolt? or will it need a torque converter also?

IIRC, you'll need a turbo TC as well as the NT 4g63 TC's flexplates only have 3 'wings'. -Correct me if I'm wrong... Pull the inspection cover and manually rotate the motor to verrify.

I'm not sure that the splines are the same on the turbo AT trans vs that of the Non turbo AT trans... I'd look into that first.

IIRC, you'll need a turbo TC as well as the NT 4g63 TC's flexplates only have 3 'wings'. -Correct me if I'm wrong... Pull the inspection cover and manually rotate the motor to verrify.

I'm not sure that the splines are the same on the turbo AT trans vs that of the Non turbo AT trans... I'd look into that first.

i was goin to go a n/a 6 bolt instead of a n/a 7bolt, so if what you said is true i should just have to get a flex plate 6bolt corret? shouldnt need a turbo tc if its not a turbo motor, just trying to get an idea. the car is burried in about over a foot of snow at the moment so the pulling of the inspectiong cover will be difficult until we get a massive thaw

i was goin to go a n/a 6 bolt instead of a n/a 7bolt, so if what you said is true i should just have to get a flex plate 6bolt corret? shouldnt need a turbo tc if its not a turbo motor, just trying to get an idea. the car is burried in about over a foot of snow at the moment so the pulling of the inspectiong cover will be difficult until we get a massive thaw

Opps! -When you said "6-bolt swap" I thought "6-bolt Turbo swap"... Just more common, I guess.

If this is N/A to N/A then yeah, all you should need is the 6-bolt, N/A (3-wing) flexplate.

Let me know if you need one... I pretty sure I have at least one left over from one of my 4G64 blocks. :D

Opps! -When you said "6-bolt swap" I thought "6-bolt Turbo swap"... Just more common, I guess.

If this is N/A to N/A then yeah, all you should need is the 6-bolt, N/A (3-wing) flexplate.

Let me know if you need one... I pretty sure I have at least one left over from one of my 4G64 blocks. :D

will do thanks for the help :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back