The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

flex plate position

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
Can anyone tell me the position how the flexplate should be? I already installed the engine and now im have difficulty connecting the torque converter and the flex plate. The way i installed it was: Flexplate first then a circular metal plate. Now im not sure if it was the ciruclar metal plate then the flexplate.

here is an illustration of how i installed it. I would hate to remove the motor again. Is there any easier way to remove it and put the motor back in because i had a difficult time putting it in because of the torque converter was stuck with the crank.

Attachments

• flex.bmp
    289.5 KB · Views: 178
Pull the tranny again and redo it. I have 2 round plates on my 1g that sandwich the flex plate.

Pull the tranny again and redo it. I have 2 round plates on my 1g that sandwich the flex plate.

Yup. One on both sides of the flexplate. Use some sandpaper to clean the rust and/or paint off of the T/C hub and the inside of the crankshaft bushing. Smear a little bit of grease or antiseize on the hub to keep it from sticking again. You can always tap on the face (not beat the hell out of it) while rotating the engine, to help get the torque convertor hub free. If it's really stuck then you may have to loosen the bellhousing bolts a little at a time and keep turning it to get it out with out messing anything up. Be sure to seat the torque convertor completely in the pump to keep from busting the pump and stripping the pump lugs on reassembly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back