The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G flex plate bolts..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastcolt

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
so i have read that the arp 5 spd bolts work the best but need to be cut shorter (?).. I have a eagle crankshaft and not sure how deep there threads go? others say use oem but with the hp im shooting for they suggest torque to 150 ft#.. and I have read the oem wont take that much.. so my question is which bolts should I use since there are so many different answers out there?.. 6 bolt eagle crank with kiggly flexplate and friction spacer.

once this is figured out I will go on to my next question about rebuild kits/parts LOL.. till then. thanks much.

Steve

this thread can be closed.. I looked for a delete option but dont see one.. thanks..

Hey Steve, what bolts did you end up using?
none yet.. still waiting on parts.. I did put 2 of my manual bolts on and had to use washers to make it snug... ( was testing flexplate fitment/clearance to the rear main seal housing) and I have auto bolts coming.. so will measure them with the flex and kiggly shim I ordered to see how much thread is in crank. from what ive gathered and read if its just the flex and 1 shim the auto bolts should be ok.. im gonna loctite the heck out of it all.. I watched this vid about 10 times so far.. and after about the 3rd time it all fell into place LOL..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am not much help, as I can't remember exactly what bolts I used on my 1g auto, but I am attaching some pictures and maybe it will give a better idea.

I dig that xfer brace.. i might do something like that since I dont have almost 500 to drop on one right now..

Hey Steve, what bolts did you end up using?
So I got the arp auto ones and they looked fine as far as length so I went ahead and just installed them... tons of loctite like in that vid so hopefully they stay... also put a kiggly shim in there.. in pic next to center diff..

ARP 1072901 Flywheel Bolt Kit​

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back