The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Flat Black or Gloss Black

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the flat black can look good if you do it correctly but its expensive. But all i use is House of Kolor paint. they have an addative that goes in the klear and you can decide how flat you want it. thats the only way to get a longlasting flat finish but the gloss looks better in my opinion, but the body work has to be perfect to pull of a gloss black.
Just my opinion but ive been painting for 17 years if it helps any..

Gloss definatly looks alot better and easier to keep clean then the flat. Flat only looks good on some cars and it also depends on how well the shop lays out the clear on the flat black ive seen some that were coarse when you run your hand over it

Flat black... Talk about a sleeper. They'll think your a cheap SOB LOL

I would go gloss because it shines and is fun to wax and looks bad a** at night.

Gloss!! Flat only looks good, at best, if u do it JUST right, and plus it's a fad... We cringe when we look back at gaudy body kits that we used to think were so cool 8 years ago. Our cars are approaching 10-20 years old already, so might as well go with a timeless classic style that will look good when you're an old man. Shiny cars will never go out of style.

Flat looks good on some of the higher end cars but for ours, I would do gloss.

I would recommend painting it gloss. Our cars just look crappy and cheap when they are a flat/satin black. I would know, just look at my gallery.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back