The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Flat Black [Merged 2-9] paint painted finish

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that post was talking about the first pictures on here, they were some of the ones that came up when I goggled "Flat black eclipse" before I went ahead and did it. I'm 17 BTW, so all the adults who thought i was crazy buying 30+ cans of spray...Well I'll let you guys decide if it came out nice.

Sooo....can anyone tell me what the paint code is for a F117 Stealth Fighter:LOL:?

Seriously, doing a car in satin or matte black CAN be very nice IF done correctly. No cheap rattle can paint, or cheap primer, etc. House of Kolor does satins and mattes, right?

i WOULD think long and hard before you do this. I painted mine flat black and it gets really old. Its a PITA to keep clean everything sticks to it and you cant really wax it I used ICE it doesnt leavce powdery residue . I dont have any good pics as Ive already started prep work for new gloss black :)

Kolby

IMO flat black looks like shit on any DD, especially imports.
i don't mind it on any rally cars, or if it's just for track.
i am not a ricer too, just think it looks like you planned to paint it, but haven't gotten around to it.
but whatever floats your boat man, if you like it, then stick with it.
also i really don't think its going to be pimp. every girl i know doesn't like flat colors.
i know this because a close buddy of mine painted his car flat black before as well, and i drove it a few days.

I agree with FuelInjected..Flat black looks incomplete and unfinished, like somebody just didn't give a damn to follow thru, but the finish just seems to have a better fit on a hotrod(being an older vehicle) rather than a import(newer vehicle) cause of trends and just overall looks. The semi-gloss or satin black look is better, but you can't beat a black paintjob that has been wetsanded, buffed and polished to perfection, just simply cause polished paint, no matter the color has way more depth and intrigue.:cool:

I remember seeing a Mitsubishi Evolution in a magazine and it was flat black but had a fighter jet theme. It was insane it had a fancy gas tank lid. I'm looking for the pic to show but can't remember what magazine....

I had a 1ga gst in flat black looks very nice. Also had my 1gb the same way looks great when done right. Just buy plenty cans and u b fine and even coats

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back