The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Flaring in shifts with shift kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboglenn

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
RIpley, West_Virginia
Ok I just converted to auto, at first while worrying the TCU and everything it seemed as if the trans was shifting very firm when the TCU was controlling things, but since I got confident that all was well, turned the boost up and started laying into the gas pedal, it seems like it's slipping hard on the shifts even with a trans lab shift kit. This seemed to start about the same time I did the blue wire mod (non tps wiring version)

Thing is with line pressure at its highest (blue wire mod in on position) out of i use my kiggly mod worrying setup there's no flare to the shifts at all. But it seems like there wasn't at first even with shift kit pressure and TCU control.

Can anyone offer insight as to what might be hanging up in the valve body or what may be lose?

My car put out 522hp on a 5 speed, and I'm running around 480 with my current settings but like I said no slippage at all with manually controlled line pressure. But the slipping on shifts is so bad it scares me into letting off so I know it wasn't doing this before

And a couple things to eliminate before anybody brings them up the fluid is good at a good level does not smell burnt there is no fluid leaking.

And I have also installed a very large transmission cooler along with the shift kit I'm suspecting it something in the valve body since turning the line pressure up eliminates at totally but since it did shift firm before without turning the pressure up manually I'm thinking something had to have come loose or stuck Mmi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back