The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Flared 1G fenders for wider tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fair enough, just exploring options :)

Dont give up quite so fast as I said in a previous post the street flare might be a great option.
As another note this summer when it gets above 50 daily.(I live in Vermont) I am going to make my own widebody kit for my 90 GSX.I am going to do it in steel with two front fenders and a second rear quarter panel. I know some will say ricer but I want to put like some wide tires (275 or 285) maybe,and I need the width. When I complete the fenders I could make fiberglass panels to install on your vehicles. Just a thought

Oh I'm not giving up. I've still got the fender from this thread in my garage waiting for some free time. I've just been too tied up fixing my car and working on my wife's "new" 88 4runner. This summer i'll likely rip off the old mess on that fender and make something a little more sleek looking to make a mold off of.

It's a civic but the front fenders were widened by welding in boat trailer fender halves. There are many different trailer fender profiles to be found.

The page is very large and a deffinite no-no without a high speed connection. Scroll toward the bottom of the page (~80%). Pictures are in a few different locations.

Shortly after finishing the installation of the 2

Oh I'm not giving up. I've still got the fender from this thread in my garage waiting for some free time. I've just been too tied up fixing my car and working on my wife's "new" 88 4runner. This summer i'll likely rip off the old mess on that fender and make something a little more sleek looking to make a mold off of.

Not to get off topic but I am jealous. An 88 4 runner!!! I am having to sell my truck because with three boys it doesnt make sense. Shes all there to. 11" of lift,straight axle swap and an injected 302. Lots of fun

What do those truck flares cost? I payed like $190 for my flares and you can get other universal flares for about the same price.

Not that I really want everyone's car to look like mine, but why spend $200 on flares that sort of fit and need modification when you can spend the same money and get some that are known to fit and work on at least 3 dsm's?

If anyone wants to pick up a set of the flares Mavisky used, I have a set I purchased intending to use them on my 2g. Found they just didn't sit flush enough on my 2g fenders to work without lots of massaging (i.e. bondo). I'm having custom work done instead (at much much greater cost :(). Completely new, sitting in the original box in my office collecting dust since January :) Of course pm me. I'll sell slightly less than the original price to get them out my door.

Sorry to hear that, they fit the 1g's pretty well.

If anyone wants to pick up a set of the flares Mavisky used, I have a set I purchased intending to use them on my 2g. Found they just didn't sit flush enough on my 2g fenders to work without lots of massaging (i.e. bondo). I'm having custom work done instead (at much much greater cost :(). Completely new, sitting in the original box in my office collecting dust since January :) Of course pm me. I'll sell slightly less than the original price to get them out my door.

Hmm, shoot me a PM, I might be interested.

I like them, although I'd be terrified to punch holes in mine. Speaking of which, when I saw the 2g fender flare thread it reminded me of a picture I found, but couldn't seem to track until now. I had this pic in my "Vault of DSM pictures" a library of shots that keep growing in numbers :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Figured I'd post it here instead of starting a new thread. Can't offer any performance gains/airflow data on these unfortunately, but seemed the right thread to put it in.

Last edited:
I like them, although I'd be terrified to punch holes in mine. Speaking of which, when I saw the 2g fender flare thread it reminded me of a picture I found, but couldn't seem to track until now. I had this pic in my "Vault of DSM pictures" a library of shots that keep growing in numbers :)

Figured I'd post it here instead of starting a new thread. Can't offer any performance gains/airflow data on these unfortunately, but seemed the right thread to put it in.

that is badass

Wow, I want that car. Like, really really want it.

I've been working on installing the Z store flares like others before me. They are not perfect, will not give you that made for DSM look unless you do some work. I think I have found the solution. This whole project was to make room for my 265's that will absolutely hit the fenders when used in conjuction with the new Ohlins suspension. I will be doing a full how to but for now here's a teaser. The car will be repainted the same color so the flares will match. These are NOT finished...but I have found a product and process to fill the gaps. The rest will be a minimal amount of bondo/filler.

Attachments

• 20130120_152800_resized.jpg
    20130120_152800_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3417_resized.jpg
    IMG_3417_resized.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 278

I saw that photo in Google Images before... the guy is running Stoptechs, that's pretty impressive for a DSMer.

Fixed it for you.

Wow, you made an appearance here.....

I've been working on installing the Z store flares like others before me. They are not perfect, will not give you that made for DSM look unless you do some work. I think I have found the solution. This whole project was to make room for my 265's that will absolutely hit the fenders when used in conjuction with the new Ohlins suspension. I will be doing a full how to but for now here's a teaser. The car will be repainted the same color so the flares will match. These are NOT finished...but I have found a product and process to fill the gaps. The rest will be a minimal amount of bondo/filler.

Looks mean!

Oops, thanks. Even more impressive. Stoptechs on a DSM, owned by a female. Now there's something beyond uncommon.

She did part the car out. I forget the reason, but it was a good one. I know this, because that brake set up is sitting in my basement for my next car. :D They are very nice.

Phil1320 said:
Wow, you made an appearance here.....

I do a lot of browsing. I believe Bobby passed some info on to you. Sounds like you're getting ready to have some fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back