The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Flapper Door Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90DSMTurbo

Probationary Member
May 29, 2002
Uniontown
Hey

what does the flapper door mod do to the mas?

sorry for all the dumb questions i've been asking

later

The flapper mod is very is. First off you need a couple of things

#1 Dremel or cuttin tool
#2 AFC
#3 550's but 450's will work

Basically what happens is the mas meter will only flow so much air at a certain rpm so you get fuel cut, to remedy this you can hack the whole lower section off the mas meter, this will lets lots of unmetered air into the motor this lower the HZ count as to what the mas is seeing in terms of flow rate. IN return if you make no fuel adjustments the car will run lean and you will likely hurt the motor or blow a HG under boost.

From my experience with no flapper install and with stock 450's I had to crank the afc up to anout +25 to get the vacuum in the -16 to -18 range. Now with the flapper my fuel setting were down in the +5 range. The flapper is hinged on the bottom part of the mas where the lower section used to be. At lower rpm's the door hangs down not letting that much air in...at WOT ops the door swings up letting all the unmetered air in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back