The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fixing a windshield wiper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avengerdude

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 24, 2009
Berlin, Wisconsin
hi i have a 98 dodge avenger. alright so my left windshield wiper if you were in the drivers seat doesnt work at all. My right on works fine. I can move the left one around with my hand so i think its loose or something becuase i read theres a nut that you can tighten up for it. But there like a black strip of plastice over like a catch or what ever to keep crap out of it. Any ideas if i just need to tighten and how to get the catch off or if there might be something else.

The splined shaft that the wiper arm sits on might be stripped and you will have to change the wiper assembly.

There is a chance you can tighten up that nut to have it re-seat itself.

I just had this problem recently and had to change the wiper assembly.

Good Luck, Jayson

alright thanks. but how do i get that black "catch" off. It has like plastic screws which just turn so idk.

First off, be very gentle while doing this because that black catch will crack or break if you are not careful. Stick a flat head screwdriver under the catch close to where the plastic screws are, and pop them out. I found it a whole lot easier to take the hood off.

Jayson

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back